2011 NFL Draft Prospect Thread

Mooche

Reaction score
They could, I mean pass rush might be more of a concern than CB because they do have DoRoCro back there. Thing is, Peterson is the #1 player in the draft, and Quinn is like 6-10 kind of talent. And it's not like having just DoRoCro in the secondary is a good place to be, either.
You changed your tune pretty hard on that one, Yanks.

It seems like you just were saying how the Cardinals would not consider PP, because of Cro and they don't have the "luxury" of being able to draft him.

Quinn could easily be the selection, they have absolutely no pass rush to speak of now, and for the future.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They have DoRoCro who is a good young corner, which is more than they could say for their pass rush... But at the same time, just having DoRoCro is not enough - and adding Peterson (the #1 prospect) to him will give them the sickest young CB duo in the league. I think that is a better move than taking a 6-10 level prospect like Robert Quinn - let's not forget that they spent a pick on Daryl Washington who already has had one good rookie season under his belt.

Pass rush is a need, but so is CB... And the CB prospect available is better than the pass rusher available.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Kam, even with Peterson off the board?
Who do they take then? Trade down? No one great is really on the board.
Even with Peterson off the board.

They could use a OLB, Or trade back with a team that wants Gabbert (Like Vikings) and Grab Amukamara.

Mooche

Reaction score
Well..

Panthers GM strongly suggests QB at No. 1

In a Monday interview on FOX Sports Radio, Panthers GM Marty Hurney strongly suggested that Carolina will take a quarterback at No. 1 overall.
"This is a quarterback league," said Hurney. "Look at the order of the draft. The ones who have 'em are picking low, and the ones who don't are picking high." Hurney added, "This has nothing to do with Jimmy Clausen." The interview was done with Darin Gantt of the Charlotte Observer, the top Panthers beat writer in the nation. Gantt is convinced the pick will be Cam Newton.
Source: FOX Sports 730 Charlotte
Apr 25, 12:40 PM

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty sure Panthers will take Newton just because of his potential.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
Saw on ESPN that Carolina should be announcing the pick tonight.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The draft is ruined every year for me when they show the players on the phone.. Such a buzz kill.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Last year I was at a party for the first round so I didn't experience that. But if that's the case, I'll just stop from getting updates through it during the first round.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
ESPN nor NFL Network cares about ruining it for the fans.

It'd be a whole lot better if they left a big surprise, instead of showing players on the phone, or wouldn't have Mayock/Kiper setting there yelling out the pick like they did last year, even before they pick. They only do it so fans will be like "hey, these guys know what they're talking about" because every draft analyst wants to be the first to report something, and it kills the draft.

It fucking ruined everything for me last year,

"Mayock when Jags pick: Ya know, I've been hearing alot, and Tyson Alualu will be the pick here" There was fucking 5 mins left on the damn clock, stfu and let fans have fun. Jesus.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN nor NFL Network cares about ruining it for the fans.

It'd be a whole lot better if they left a big surprise, instead of showing players on the phone, or wouldn't have Mayock/Kiper setting there yelling out the pick like they did last year, even before they pick. They only do it so fans will be like "hey, these guys know what they're talking about" because every draft analyst wants to be the first to report something, and it kills the draft.

It fucking ruined everything for me last year,

"Mayock when Jags pick: Ya know, I've been hearing alot, and Tyson Alualu will be the pick here" There was fucking 5 mins left on the damn clock, stfu and let fans have fun. Jesus.
Pretty much.. Everyone is trying to be the first to report stuff and look the most credible. Acting like it's a competition.

It's funny when they get it wrong though lol. After the Browns traded up in the 2nd, they were all like "Colt McCoy is definitely the pick here, no doubt about it." and we ended up taking Montario Hardesty lol

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Pretty much.. Everyone is trying to be the first to report stuff and look the most credible. Acting like it's a competition.

It's funny when they get it round though lol. After the Browns traded up in the 2nd, they were all like "Colt McCoy is definitely the pick here, no doubt about it." and we ended up taking Montario Hardesty lol
Exactly, its all fucking retarded and ruins possibly, the best day of the NFL year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%