The 2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread

TTN2810

Reaction score
Now that college ball has begun, prospect talk can begin!

TTN2810

Reaction score

Very intriguing performance from Jones there. Pretty much looks like the same QB from last year. Would be a mid to mid late first rounder in a normal year, but with the overwhelming amount of young starting QB's in the NFL right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see him a early to mid 2nd rounder.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Watch the hell out for QB Zac Dysert from Miami of Ohio. Love this guy.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really liked what I saw from Bray last week

TTN2810

Reaction score
I've yet to watch his vs. NC State. I'm a Bray fan though, however football minds I trust feel he's a bust waiting to happen.
But man, Dysert has made more NFL throws in the first half of the first quarter in this game then I saw out of Barkley in any single game.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I see Tyler Wilson being the top QB in next year's class, even tho Barkley will go higher

And I know cheato said this jokingly awhile ago, but John Simon is a perfect fit for the New England Patriots

Urban Meyer guy
Versatile on the DL
High motor

TTN2810

Reaction score
Wilson is a warrior, but he'll never be elite. Arm strength isn't up to snuff to be elite, and doesn't have the elite accuracy or timing to counter it. Have yet to watch Bray, Geno Smith, Logan Thomas or EJ Manuel from last week, and I have to finish Dysert's game. Once I do, I'll post my QB rankings from week one.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Watched Geno Smith's game from last week. Disappointed with it after all the hype surrounding it.

TTN2810

Reaction score
And Logan Thomas is frustrating as well. Makes a great read identifying cover 3, but then overshoots the post by a solid 10 yards.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Been watching Michigan State's D. Johnny Adams good overall CB, good athleticism, and is versatile. Good blitzer. Like that he's willing for run support, and doesn't shy away from contact, however he tackles way to high. He needs to get lower. Very smart player too.

William Gholston on the other hand, again, pretty versatile. I'd compare him to Coples, though not as athletic. Can play DE, DT, or 3/4 end. Strong and powerful, little bit of quickness, but I don't like him too much. Picks and chooses when he wants to play. And yes, he's cousins with Vernon Gholston.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'd avoid William Gholston like the plague just by knowing that he's related to Vernon

As a Jets fan anyway lol

TTN2810

Reaction score
Understandable. I try not to let it affect my opinion, because they aren't the same person/player, but I can see how you'd just dismiss him right off the bat.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As much as I hate to talk up any FSU player, Bjoern Werner is going to be a monster. If he can continue to produce with Jenkins down for the year, he'll probably be a top 5 pick.

I hate to make the lame ass JJ Watt comparison, but I see it.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Understandable. I try not to let it affect my opinion, because they aren't the same person/player, but I can see how you'd just dismiss him right off the bat.
Do you know how bad it would look if the Jets took him with a high pick and he busted? lol

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nuke Hopkins is a 1st round talent. I don't know why he's so far under the radar.

Mingo has also been extremely impressive tonight. So much speed and explosiveness.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ogletree Charged With DUI: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/

“Last weekend, my client Alec Ogletree was pulled over for speeding and a lane violation in Arizona,” agent Pat Dye, Jr. tells PFT. “After the officers smelled alcohol, they conducted tests and also cited him for DUI. Although Alec regrets this incident terribly, he is thankful that there was no accident and that no one was hurt. Because this matter is still pending, we cannot comment further publicly at this time.”
IDIOT, plain and simple. Actually, I'm sure he just jumped to the top of the Lions' draft board with this. Ogletree was suspended the first four games of 2012 after a positive drug test. I'm suddenly not as high on the guy as I was before this news. I could look past messing around with weed in college but this is a time where he should be focused on his draft stock, not driving around drunk like a jack-ass.

Mooche

Reaction score
DJ Swearinger is my safety for this class. Love his game.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love his potential, but he plays way too recklessly right now. He's going to end up using his entire rookie salary on fines if he continues to play at the level he does.

Mooche

Reaction score
He is going to have to tone it down, but I'm not worried about that. Troy Polamalu was a wrecking ball at USC that played on the edge for his entire career.

DJ is the total package physically, and his coverage skills are highly underrated at this point in the process. The guy played corner against Arkansas for goodness sakes.

Reviewing Cyprien as well, I can say that I am impressed with his game. He dominated the WKU game, and he was a major nuisance to Teddy B all day against Louisville.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%