After Andrew Luck...

Mooche

Reaction score
After the consensus number one quarterback, and most likely number one pick come April, who is the next best quarterback in your eyes?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Barkley will be the next QB off the list, but I personally would take Case Keenum

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Barkley will be the next QB off the list, but I personally would take Case Keenum
Ah yes.. You keep reminding me why you're clueless when it comes to the draft.

Noice.

Mooche

Reaction score
Case Keenum? Really?

The guy has probably one of the worst throwing motions I've seen in a long, long time. In the NFL, the way that he kind of shot-puts it down the field to his target is going to be a disaster.

UDFA project.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Outside Luck, these QBs suck. Badly. Id take the guy with the best arm.

Barkley screams Jimmy Clausen to me

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Behind Luck I like Landry Jones. I'm not a fan of Barkley for some reason.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jones would be #2.

Then it would be a tossup between Foles and Barkley for #3. Foles has all the physical ability to be an all-pro quarterback, but his pocket awareness needs to be coached up pretty hard. Give him 2-3 years in a good system, behind a veteran quarterback, he'll be a good one.

Mooche

Reaction score

I don't know how you can say this class sucks that bad. Andrew Luck is one of the most hyped up prospects to come out in a long time, so of course the QBs after won't look as glamorous but they don't suck.

Matt Barkley isn't as rosy as people think. He needs a lot of work, and his numbers have been severely helped by players like Robert Woods on that SC roster. He hasn't looked that impressive on tape, but he's still got a huge ceiling for improvement.

Landry Jones has been consistently knocked for performances throughout the year. Well, he came to play in one of the biggest rivalry games in all of college football against the Longhorns. He faced a heavy rush from the front four of the Longhorns, but he made great reads all game and showed off that big arm getting it to Ryan Broyles and Kenny Stills. He's a very nice prospect moving forward if he can show more consistency in his entire game.

Perhaps the two most intriguing guys with humungous ceilings are RGIII and Tannehill. Griffin has busted off some huge games this season, and has shown that he's for real. He's got lightning speed and can make things happen out of the pocket, but his accuracy has been scary good this season. 80.3% completion percentage? That's incredible. Ryan Tannehill out of A&M has impressed, and will continue to rise up until the NFL Draft. He's had minimal starts at QB from switching positions from WR, but he's shown great awareness and toughness in the pocket. We just need to see some more samples from him in big games, and him to emerge as the leader for the Aggies late in ball games.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score

LOL & So it starts..

The "This class sucks, want a QB? Wait till next year"

Happens every year.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Foles will be the QB that gets alot of attention around the time of the draft and will be picked higher than what people expect.. and will still turn out to be a good player.. Much like Gabbert last year.

I have

Luck
Jones
Foles
Barkley
RGIII

Thats pretty much my top 5.

I honestly don't see alot from this QB class though.

Luck is the "can't miss" prospect.. but with the draft.. theres never a "can't miss" Aaron Curry is the example of that.

TTN2810

Reaction score
A lot of potential in this class though Kam.

My list:

1. Andrew Luck
2. Landry Jones
3. Matt Barkley
4. Robert Griffin III
5. Nick Foles
6. Ryan Tannehill
7. Brandon Weeden (too old)

EDIT

I forgot Kellen Moore. I still say he rises around draft time, if he puts on some weight.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Well atleast we'll know who Brutes favorite QB is whenever they have the ESPN Challenge..

I mean.. normally the person who wins that... ends up a NFL Legend.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Kam, what don't you like out of this class? I mean, sure, it's not perfect, but there rarely is a perfect draft class. Last years QB class is doing very well so far, and this class has a lot more talent and potential. And they will have an off season.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Kam, what don't you like out of this class? I mean, sure, it's not perfect, but there rarely is a perfect draft class. Last years QB class is doing very well so far, and this class has a lot more talent and potential. And they will have an off season.
I just don't like the fact that everybody is drooling over Luck. I mean, hes solid.. but I don't like him a whole lot.

I don't like Barkley either. Kid doesn't have "it".

Jones will be another QB like Brady Quinn.

I really like Foles.. & hes my favorite QB of the group right now.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A lot of potential in this class though Kam.

My list:

1. Andrew Luck
2. Landry Jones
3. Matt Barkley
4. Robert Griffin III
5. Nick Foles
6. Ryan Tannehill
7. Brandon Weeden (too old)

EDIT

I forgot Kellen Moore. I still say he rises around draft time, if he puts on some weight.
I like this list...I'd put Moore probably 6, bump Tannehill down. Probably switch Griffin and Foles to.

TTN2810

Reaction score
But you have to admit Barkley and Jones are a lot more talented than Andy Dalton, and he's doing solid. Sure it's a system that works for him, but any good coach builds the offense around the QB.

I'm going to start watching a lot more stuff on these guys so I can really get a good handle on all of then.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
But you have to admit Barkley and Jones are a lot more talented than Andy Dalton, and he's doing solid. Sure it's a system that works for him, but any good coach builds the offense around the QB.

I'm going to start watching a lot more stuff on these guys so I can really get a good handle on all of then.
I think Jones is just the product of a system.

My question though.

What has Barkley and Jones done?

Atleast Andy Dalton changed the perception of TCU all together.

TTN2810

Reaction score
TCU's defense was pretty damn good too. But yes, he did.

I agree with that, but they still have a lot of talent man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%