2012 NFL Draft Thread.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rueben Randle seems so underrated right now.

Walterfootball has him as the 32nd best receiver in this draft, I don't think he'll ever be a star obviously but he'll make a team and be a servicable receiver for someone.

He suffers from extremely inconsitent and mediocre QB play at LSU. He was a 5 star recruit coming out and was the 2nd ranked player in the Nation.

Mooche

Reaction score
Regardless though TTN, it's tough to compare teams like Fresno State, Toledo, etc. which Kellen Moore has played to teams like Ohio State, Michigan, etc. which Drew played in the Big 10.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Ryan Tannehill bandwagon is filling up pretty damn quick.

The guy has a ton of upside, and potential in my eyes, but the only thing that worries me is the amount of starts and time spent playing the QB position. On the other side of that coin, you could use it and say he has one of the highest ceilings in the entire classic, though.

He's intriguing.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I lean more towards the "Tannehill is overrated as fuck" side.

I just haven't seen anything special from him.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yep.
I downloaded a game of their to watch him, and man, I didn't have much time to watch so far, but all I saw was short screens, dump offs, and no real throws the require arm strength, and no plays where he needs to make reads. But that was maybe one or two drives. I'll have to watch more.

Mooche

Reaction score
Tannehill is raw as can be. Don't forget that.

I'm not directing the bandwagon, I just think that he's a pretty interesting prospect with his athletic ability and the way he can keep plays alive. Also, I'm really impressed with how calm he is in the pocket. You think that a player with the lack of starts that he has at A&M would be riled in the pocket, but he's pretty even keel.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I love the athletic ability, and I totally agree, looks calm. But the lack of experience hurts. I think it was against Oklahoma St. where he threw a late INT to seal the loss? Like I said, I need to watch more of him to get a handle of his arm strength and accuracy, feet etc. I honestly have only seen an hour of what was on TV a few weeks ago. I need a larger sample of work to form my opinion.

swoosh

Reaction score
Speaking of Baylor, <3 Kendall Wright.

He's on pace for (including bowl game) 125 receptions, 1,794 yards, and 21 touchdowns. Talk about trolling defenses. Those numbers aren't even far off from Crabtree's legendary 2007 season.

When you watch him, he's so electric and explosive. Fun player to watch.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, I gotta say, ESPN3 is awesome for scouting players. You can re-watch any game aired on the ESPN family for free whenever you want.

Mooche

Reaction score
I love the athletic ability, and I totally agree, looks calm. But the lack of experience hurts. I think it was against Oklahoma St. where he threw a late INT to seal the loss? Like I said, I need to watch more of him to get a handle of his arm strength and accuracy, feet etc. I honestly have only seen an hour of what was on TV a few weeks ago. I need a larger sample of work to form my opinion.
Yes, he hasn't been "clutch" in the key times and that's kind of the knock on him. Honestly, it seems as if A&M kind of folded as a team when they blew those big time leads, but he still has to accept some responsibility.

What are you guys thinking of Barkley?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Jags will draft either Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffrey..

/Endgame

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Browns will take whoever the Jags don't take

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Assuming the Rams don't finish worse than you guys, because they should take one.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're probably right, they might not win a game until week 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%