First Round Winners/Losers.

Mooche

Reaction score
This is done with no order in mind. Just my general thoughts after the day one landscape.

WINNERS:

Cleveland Browns
- Absolutely made out like bandits on that deal with Atlanta.. And they got a solid run stuffer, and the plug they need in the middle with Phil Taylor.

Arizona Cardinals - Anytime you get the best player in the entire Draft (IMO) you are winning. They got him at #5 and they have to be happy with the progression he is gonna add to that secondary.

Green Bay Packers - They really just got one of the best offensive tackles to just fall into their laps with the last pick to close out the first round. Derek Sherrod is a wicked OT, and he just adds another player for them to develop in Wisconsin.

Jacksonville Jaguars - As much as I am not a Gab guy, and won't ever be, the Jags did pretty darn good here. They got their franchise QB and played the waiting game perfect. It's now just time for him to try and prove his worth.

LOSERS:

Atlanta Falcons - Come on.. You gave up THAT much to get Julio Jones? This guy isn't going to give the elite impact for this team that everyone thinks he will. The mindset to get Ryan another target was completely overdone here.

Denver Broncos - For the record, I don't mind Von Miller. But Dareus should have been the pick here. They have a smaller pass rusher in Elvis, and they didn't add much needed size to that defensive line. What can you expect from one of the shittiest drafting teams for the past few years, though..

Minnesota Vikings - I called this a while back saying it was for sure a chance. But. Yeah, I don't think Ponder is worth anything close to this value.. They are going to need to take some serious time to groom him, and he won't be what they expect to start out in Minnesota.

Seattle Seahawks - James Carpenter, 1st round? LMFAO

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol I knew you'd have ATL and SEA. I disagree...but thats me.

Mooche

Reaction score
Saints, Ingram and jordan
The Jordan pick was nice. Then they blew it by trading so much value to New England..

A first next year and a second for Ingram? No.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just you wait....Julio will shine.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Mine...

Winners: Saints, Jags, Browns
Losers: Falcons, Seahawks

I do admit we gave up quite a bit for Ingram but I'm still happy we got him.

Mooche

Reaction score
Mine...

Winners: Saints, Jags, Browns
Losers: Falcons, Seahawks

I do admit we gave up quite a bit for Ingram but I'm still happy we got him.
I love Mark Ingram as a prospect, personally.

I just don't like how much was given up in order to get him to the Saints.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why are we losers? Theres no gurantee any of those picks turn out better then Julio, I think Julio-Roddy-Tony is a top 3 Receiving core in this league

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Jordan fits with the Saints D. He's a UT in the 4-3. Saints already have a pro bowl caliber 3 tech in Ellis. Jordan isn't a pass rusher IMO. I can't see him playing DE in a 4-3.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
My Winners.

Cleveland Browns - LOVE the way they're building this team now. They got a shitload of picks for a WR I think will turn out Meh in Julio Jones. Always been a Taylor fan. Reminds me of Ted Washington a bit.

San Francisco 49ers - Aldon Smith is a special player, the front office of the 49ers knew that, fell inlove with him, and took him. I can respect that. People may think its a bit of a reach, but the kid is young, hes gonna be able to learn alot. He'll be nice next to Willis in that 3-4 Defense.

New England Patriots - While most people aren't sold on Solder for what ever reason, I feel hes going to be a fixture for that OLine for a while. Nice white country boy whos mean in the dirt. My only problem is, at that height, can he bend or not for a OT. Plus, they got more picks for next year thanks to the stupid ass saints. WHY DO TEAMS KEEP GIVING THEM PICKS?

Jacksonville Jaguars - Simple, Everybody doubted the Jags going into the draft. "They're taking Kerrigan at 16, they have a weak Dline" Jags knew what everybody else didn't. According to the Jaguars writer, whenever Gene Smith saw Blaine Gabbert get past Cincy, he started making calls to every team. Even the Browns @ 6. Said they had Gabbert rated as their #1 QB and #1 Prospect. While Atlanta gave up a shitload of picks for next year/this year to get a "dime a dozen" WR. Jags only gave up a 2nd rounder to get potentially their QB of the franchise.

My Losers.

Panthers - Funny that most Panther fans are excited about this pick in general. Cam Newton may be an electric and charming when the Cameras are on. The guy just doesn't get it. He wants that paycheck and thats it. He never had to call plays at Auburn, they'd hold up a fucking number on a erase board, and he'd call it out. So simple. Which was one of the problems with Tim Couch coming out. He never had a playbook in college period, then when he hit the Browns, was expected to learn all these big ass plays and verbage to become that Franchise QB. I see Cam being more like a mix between Jamarcus and Vince, which isn't good for any team.

Seahawks - Whenever the player you selected' teammates say "WOW" whenever you take him. Its normally a bad sign. Carpenter was a 2nd/3rd round pick IMO. I would of much rather had Ben Ijalana with that pick. What was they thinking?

Saints - If you look back, you would see I was never the biggest Cam Jordan fan. I also think trading away a 1st next year, and a 2nd this year, for a RB that you could of got the same value out of in the 2nd round this year. Was pretty stupid. While Saint fans are happy as fuck. I'd take a close look. Trades like this can make/break a franchise.

Falcons - See saints, but 10x more.

Mooche

Reaction score
Why are we losers? Theres no gurantee any of those picks turn out better then Julio, I think Julio-Roddy-Tony is a top 3 Receiving core in this league
Look at how much you gave up across the board for Julio.. That's a ton of value, and it just doesn't make sense for your franchise.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Simply for the fact that you dont give up picks like that for a WR.

These days, you can get a starting WR in any round.

Julio reminds me of Michael Jenkins, who is on the Falcons rost.

Also, they'll be paying out the ass for him too.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Broncos won. Von Miller is a BEAST.

Loser = Detroit. Have huge holes in secondary but picked Fairley.

Mooche

Reaction score

They basically have a Von Miller on their roster.. Elvis is almost a clone. Von hasn't really played 4-3 OLB, and we don't know what kind of transition he'll be on that team.

The Broncos are small up front, and they needed serious help on that defensive line. Dareus should have been the pick.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score

I've said it from time and time again.

Von Miller is Gholston. They should of went with Dareus.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Von Miller is goign to be a stud in this league. Yeah they have another guy like him on their roster, so what? They play more than one linebacker. Having both from each side is going to create havoc for opposing lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%