NHL Gameday Thread

NordicNous

Mats Näslund / Jari Kurri Kent Nilsson / Håkan Lo
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Andersen is fucking shit
So far, the Dane got 3.92 GAA and .866 SV%

No matter how good the young guns in the team does, they need a solid performance from Andersen.
I've always been a fan of Enroth, but he never stringed together enough starts to get comfortable in goal during the last seasons. He is a solid backup at the moment.

.... Toronto got a baaaaad history when it comes to goalies .....  http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/history-toronto-maple-leafs-trading-goaltenders/

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Red Wings have won six straight. Bruins have allowed five goals in back-to-back games.

What could possibly go wrong?

NordicNous

Reaction score
The Guid said:
Red Wings have won six straight. Bruins have allowed five goals in back-to-back games.   What could possibly go wrong?

Plus, Tuukka is listed as "probable" for tonights game, and backup Khudobin is injured...

NordicNous

Reaction score
" Rask (undisclosed) will be the road starter against the Red Wings on Saturday, Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports. " 

Steez

Reaction score
Well the Sabres have won 3 straight and appear to be the best team in the league now. 

Yes.

NordicNous

Reaction score
steezo said:
Well the Sabres have won 3 straight and appear to be the best team in the league now. 

Jack Eichel still expected to be out for another few weeks... Will be interesting to see how Buffalo plays with him back in the lineup. 

(Buffalo also got one of my favorite young kids in the pipeline, Alex Nylander. He was the last one to be cut in the training camp. Only 18 and already a smart player. Personally, I think he will become better than his brother.)

NordicNous

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
William is beasting it up rn.
 Yeah, both kids of the bald headed Sweagle got a bright future

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
but back to your point, I've actually heard Alex could be the better one. I've seen him play for Mississauga last season, and just ripped an absolute beauty top shelf.

NordicNous

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
but back to your point, I've actually heard Alex could be the better one. I've seen him play for Mississauga last season, and just ripped an absolute beauty top shelf.

Yeah, same idea here, other point-of-view. I saw him in the Swedish young national teams and he got another level of vision and understanding on the ice. And a daaamn quick skater. 

NordicNous

Reaction score
videofreak8 said:
Blue Jackets up 8-0 against Montreal going into the third lol
.ptt81 said:
Lmao 10-0

Poor Al Montoya. Backup for Price and then a game like this... 

NordicNous

Reaction score
Latest injury news, by your own NordicNous:

• Johnny (Hockey) Gaudreau left Tuesday's game with broken finger. (Estimated out another four to nine weeks.)
  • Steven Stamkos is out indefinitely with a lateral meniscus tear. (Estimated out three-to-six months.)
  • Jack Eichel, who has skated on his own seven times, will be practicing with the team soon. (Still one-to-thee months away.)
  • Jonathan Quick is considered month-to-month with his groin injury, the Los Angeles Daily News reports. (Minimum 1 month away.)

EDGE Analysis
Gaudreau was apparently slashed multiple times in his upper extremities which led to his departure from the road contest. The 23-year-old left winger scored a goal during 15:11 of ice time prior to his exit. The Flames will likely release a status update on the New Jersey native's condition prior to their upcoming matchup with the Coyotes on Wednesday.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Well good thing we didn't sign Stammer.

Think I was apart of the 1% of Leaf Nation that wasn't on board.

NordicNous

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Well good thing we didn't sign Stammer. Think I was apart of the 1% of Leaf Nation that wasn't on board.

Leafs fan eh?
I agree that from your perspective (Leafs), signing him would be the wrong move. Even if many fans wanted to "bring him home" it wouldn't have done the team much good. It would block valuable minutes for the younglings in a team that still needs atleast another two-three years to "be ready".  Stamkos is a player that have been injured waaaay to much the last seasons, but when he stays healthy, he puts up great numbers. If the Leafs ever should bring him to Toronto, the perfect time would be in a few years, as the cherry on top. However, before that, the Leafs really need to put together a stronger defense. Right now they are crap, not giving Fredriksen much of a chance some evenings. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wings sitting at last place in the Atlantic.

It'd be weird as hell to see them miss the playoffs but that's looking like a very real possibility.

NordicNous

Reaction score
Teagz said:
Wings sitting at last place in the Atlantic.     It'd be weird as hell to see them miss the playoffs but that's looking like a very real possibility.

Yeah...

They have been in trouble in the past, like the last season when they dragged behind like hell, juuust reaching the playoffs in the last minute. 

Biggest difference this year is that they have not had any major injuries, which is not a good sign...
Their power-play stats is rubbish, and Larkin haven't made the impact they hoped for.
The defense is lacking some power and "kick", Kronwall is far from glory.
I really like the team, but it looks like it could be the first year without the Wings in the playoffs, in a veeery long time. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%