USA Soccer.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
They are so going to get killed facing Italy and Brazil.

HTF

Reaction score
They are so going to get killed facing Italy and Brazil.
Oh ye of little faith. That's what everyone said in the 2002 world cup. You'd be surprised what we can do with our backs against the wall.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Oh ye of little faith. That's what everyone said in the 2002 world cup. You'd be surprised what we can do with our backs against the wall.
Yea we really showed Costa Rica......

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I actually watch them a lot. Talk to me when they actually live up to expectations at the World Cup....

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that's the question though...what exactly are their expectations? USA is a country that pretty much could care less about soccer. So the only expections are those of the players and the fans who do watch. And, everyone is going to have their own expectations.

It's not like in Brazil, Italy, German, Spain, or any other European country where the expectation is always to win it all.

HTF

Reaction score
that's the question though...what exactly are their expectations? USA is a country that pretty much could care less about soccer. So the only expections are those of the players and the fans who do watch. And, everyone is going to have their own expectations.

It's not like in Brazil, Italy, German, Spain, or any other European country where the expectation is always to win it all.
I expect them to compete in every game and not roll over. They fight hard in every game and occasionally outplay the best in the world. This Confederations Cup will be a big test for us, and exciting.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Expectations are that if we face Paraguay or Czech Republic we would play a hard fought game with a draw or a win. I just dont see it in this team. Concacaf is a joke and we should dominate. Try playing in Conmebol where Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay are true tests.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Soccer feud, 2:30 EST. Expect bad blood when the U.S. faces Italy in the Confederations Cup.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, again, one game and there's bad blood? The only bad blood, at least in my mind, is what the media will make it out to be.

I'm rooting for Italy (as I always do), but I would like to see the US play really well.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1-0 USA on a Donovan PK

USA is down a man after Ricardo Clark got sent off

Italy is playing pretty crappy right now and the USA is working on all four cylinders. They need to do better if they want this game to at least tie.

RB!

Reaction score
USA up 1-0 at the half. Let's hope they keep this up! Man, would I love to beat Italy especially after the debacle that happened in 2006 when we played them.

And I'm so jacked for the 2010 World Cup. 2006 was such a disappointment for the U.S. It was still an amazing tournament and I will remember Italy's defeat of Germany in the semis forever. It was such a great match. Here's a great video that ABC showed after the World Cup Final in 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHRcyPdo8nQ

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
where you tied because of an own goal ;)

RB!

Reaction score
where you tied because of an own goal ;)
I'm wondering why you said "you" instead of the us or the U.S. or the United States or whatever, b/c I'm assuming you're from the states?

RB!

Reaction score
Rossi ties it for Italy. 1-1 now. Well, I can't say that I didn't see that one coming...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, I'm from the states but I root for Italy in soccer

here comes Rossi for the first time against the US

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and it's Rossi with the equalizer

RB!

Reaction score
yeah, I'm from the states but I root for Italy in soccer

here comes Rossi for the first time against the US
Ah jeez, really? How can you not root for the country from which you were born? Let me guess, b/c Italy has a much better soccer reputation than the U.S.? Just wait, next year the U.S. is gonna surprise some people.

RB!

Reaction score
That will probably do it. I don't think the U.S. has any chance of scoring with about 20 minutes left. Just haven't looked good at all in the second half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%