Hall Decision to come in 24-48 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
NFL.com's Adam Schefter is reporting that now Hall is unclaimed on Waivers, he is expected to make a choice on which team to sign with in the next 24-48 hours.

Teams that are expected to be interested in signing are the New York Giants, Washington Redskins, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers.

“It’s rare that one of the top players at his position in the game comes free now,” one of Hall’s agents, Joel Segal, said Thursday. “DeAngelo can be a missing ingredient for any playoff contender that needs a cornerback.

“He’s excited about his potential opportunities and helping a team try to achieve its regular-season and post-season goals.”
-----------------------------------------
I love the G-men Secondary, but I think if we sign him we are easily in the Playoffs, and our chances of winning the NFC East will greatly increase. Some reason I dont see them signing him, but I think it would be a great addition in a tough division, where any top defensive player can make an unexpected change.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wish the Steelers would sign a big-name FA FOR ONCE.
It's frustrating.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well... ya....

lol. They really dont need a Cornerback though, their defense is without a doubt top 5 material, and I think we all know their going to the playoffs, probably winning their division. But ya, the guy's a great choice anywhere. I just dont think its a top priority for them.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, if anywhere on defense, cornerback would be our weakness.
So we could deff use him.
But we never go after big name frree agents, let alone guys with a history.
I could see him in NE.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Since Spagnuolo uses alot of blitz schemes I dont think Hall would be a good fit for us GMF, he went to Oakland and struggled in their man on man defense and he would be left one on one alot and he gives up alot of catches.

If we do sign him, I wont complain lol, but we'll see what happens.

Hoffa

Reaction score
Damn Jerry Jones is a dumb***! Jerry this is the kind move you need to make <censored>, Hall will give us quite better help then two rookies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn Jerry Jones is a dumbass! Jerry this is the kind move you need to make moron, Hall will give us quite better help then two rookies.
Dallas is one of the wealthier teams in the league...but your familiar with the salary cap right? Dallas is maxed out bro.

I agree that Hall isn't a good fit at with the "Gints". I think the Giants' corners aren't really struggling or strapped down enough to justify spending the money.

I honestly see Hall as being a bit overrated for a guy who has only been in the league less than 4 years. A better cornerback in the league but not the gigantic-impact player Hall's agent is making him out to be. Hall had a great season in 2005, Pro Bowl year, but I still see him struggle to cover the top receivers in the game. Ahem...Ocho Cinco....

In the end, I don't see Hall a good fit for the Giants & I don't see him as Bill Belichek guy either.

Hall ends up in Washington. Dan Snyder has shown he won't hesitate to spend money and Hall being a cover corner makes him perfect for the Redskins' defensive scheme. I also think Washington's secondary has been burned on enough long balls this season to justify the signing. Look at Monday Night's game for example. I am a big fan of Fred Smoot but he straight up got burned, 1 on 1, when Washington hauled in the longball from Leftwich.

Adding Hall would crowd the Skins' at corner...but hey, you've got Dallas fully loaded at WR and the Giants are spreading the ball all over the field through the air.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yes, he may not be a perfect fit for the G-Men now, but imagine that very young Cornerback Depth in 2 or 3 years if they signed him. Im not sure whats there in Salary Cap, they may wanna save some of that up for a re-signing of Ward in the next few years. He's def. a guy they gotta keep, but he's getting so good and versatile that teams are gonna want to make moves for him.

BTW, I think I read somewhere that Hall was glad he's out of that mess in Oakland.

Not needed, but lets say Ross goes down with an injury in the next 3 weeks, now we got a 4 CB Setup like this:
- Corey Webster
- Kevin Dockery
- Sam Madison
- RW McQuarters or Terrell Thomas

It'd be nice to have Hall there... w/e. I've always liked the guy, but I just dont know if they'll fork up the cash.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Wow gmf, you really want him on the giants don't you.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, he's on the Redskins lawl.

Mr. Hall goes to Washington

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: DeAngelo Hall, Washington Redskins

The Washington Redskins have reached a one-year contract agreement with free-agent cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hall ends up in Washington. Dan Snyder has shown he won't hesitate to spend money and Hall being a cover corner makes him perfect for the Redskins' defensive scheme. I also think Washington's secondary has been burned on enough long balls this season to justify the signing. Look at Monday Night's game for example. I am a big fan of Fred Smoot but he straight up got burned, 1 on 1, when Washington hauled in the longball from Leftwich.

Adding Hall would crowd the Skins' at corner...but hey, you've got Dallas fully loaded at WR and the Giants are spreading the ball all over the field through the air.
Why you guys act so surprised?

I already told you guys this last night....as I am the man.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yes I really did want him, because I didnt want the Redskins to have him.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We didnt need him, Im glad we didnt pick him up...

Youll see GMF when our wideouts burn him and make catch after catch against him the next time we play the Redskins.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Was hopin Pats got him

Hoffa

Reaction score
Hall will stay there only for a year, which it has 6 games only and after that he will ask for a lot of money and he won't be re-signed because the Redskins have more concern on re-singed other players then they do with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%