Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
I want to hear the reasoning of JBJ over McCutchen 

My vote was before adding McCutchen and Cain.

However, JBJ has had a better season than both. I don't think that is debatable. 

Also for the record, this is the first time I've voted a Red Sox player.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
This really isn't just this season though. I look at consistency when I vote and McCutchen has been a stud for a long time while JBJ is just starting up.

I would probably go:

1. Trout
2. McCutchen 
3. Jones
4. Cain
5. Pollock
6. JBJ 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Aren't we doing not who was better, but who we'd rather have for a game tomorrow?

This year, Bradley has a higher batting average, on base percentage, & slugging percentage, more hits, doubles, triples, homers, stolen bases, walks, less strikeouts -- all on 11 less plate appearances. Bradley is better in every single statistical category.

McCutcheon is the better player, but based on what we saw from THIS season he's not better than JBJ. You guys, especially CC, gave me shit for voting Kobe high for the 2015 NBA ratings off his past performance, so you can't really give McCutcheon a pass here. Right now, he's not better than Jackie

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Plus as someone pointed out, we have to redo pitcher rankings since those became a joke two months in.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't know how I gave you shit for picking Kobe given I too voted for Kobe. Granted, I was partly trolling, but I definitely voted for Kobe.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
JBJ has a 4.1 WAR this season.

McCutchen has had a 5.5 WAR or better 5 years in a row before this one. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Red Sox would even trade JBJ for Cutch haha

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
So, are we saying next year if Trout really slips and struggles, he will fall in the rankings? I think that's pure stupidity if that's the case. Past performance should def. matter to some extent. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I don't know how I gave you shit for picking Kobe given I too voted for Kobe. Granted, I was partly trolling, but I definitely voted for Kobe.
you voted for him 7th, I voted for him 4th lol

but it was dan and nola that were mostly against me, now that i look back at that thread my b. but my point is still valid

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Aren't we doing not who was better, but who we'd rather have for a game tomorrow?

This year, Bradley has a higher batting average, on base percentage, & slugging percentage, more hits, doubles, triples, homers, stolen bases, walks, less strikeouts -- all on 11 less plate appearances. Bradley is better in every single statistical category.

McCutcheon is the better player, but based on what we saw from THIS season he's not better than JBJ. You guys, especially CC, gave me shit for voting Kobe high for the 2015 NBA ratings off his past performance, so you can't really give McCutcheon a pass here. Right now, he's not better than Jackie
Is McCutchen 36, coming off a horrible season and multiple major surgeries? 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
The Red Sox would even trade JBJ for Cutch haha
In a second. That's not what I'm saying. 

This is for who is CURRENTLY the best player, and I don't see how you can say McCutcheon is currently the better player. Give me the option for one of them for the 2017 season and its McClutch. But for 2016, its JBJ.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think there's a huge difference though: Kobe at the very end of his career coming off major injuries vs Cutch still hypothetically in his prime years? If this became a trend, obviously I wouldn't keep voting him this high. But one bad fluke year isn't enough to say the man isn't elite anymore

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not to mention baseball is a lot more finicky and random than basketball. Great players have down years all the time and then bounce back. Basketball is pretty consistent. 

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
In a second. That's not what I'm saying. 

This is for who is CURRENTLY the best player, and I don't see how you can say McCutcheon is currently the better player. Give me the option for one of them for the 2017 season and its McClutch. But for 2016, its JBJ.

You really can't be serious can you? The reason why the Red Sox would trade JBJ for Cutch is because Cutch is the better player right now. He's had bad luck, and been banged up this season but if you are contending you would take McCutchen any day of the week. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Is McCutchen 36, coming off a horrible season and multiple major surgeries? 
is a .244 batting average and a 17/51 hr/rbi count any good as the #2 CF? I don't think so.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
is a .244 batting average and a 17/51 hr/rbi count any good as the #2 CF? I don't think so.
Then why don't we just make a thread and list who the top 5 are in WAR and just call it a day? 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Then why don't we just make a thread and list who the top 5 are in WAR and just call it a day? 
Because then we couldn't rig the Red Sox to be higher than their spots, duh

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Remember, this is based on who is currently the best player, not who has the potential to be the best.  Who would you take today?

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Look at his BABIP this year compared to the past 5 seasons and you will see why he has a .244 AVG. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%