• Gio Gonzalez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I voted Lester.  If you compare Lester's season this year to Keuchel's last year, there's really not much of a difference.  Keuchel was actually worse of the tow in the off-season.  Lester has has much more longevity.  He's hit at least 180 innings the past five years, with at least three or four being over 200 innings.  Keuchel hit over 180 innings twice, and it was neither last year or the year before.  Lester is also a beast in the postseason.

Why do you pick Syndergaard if he threw 30 innings this season?  The guy has never hit 200 innings in an MLB season either.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The problem I have with Lester is that hes a cub, and I just cant get over it

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
They're both inconsistent. But Thor is awesome.

Why pick Bumgarner when he missed most of this season? Because we know he's great. And I think some of us know that Noah is incredibly talented.

If his lack of innings is a problem then maybe deGrom should be top 10 instead of Syndergaard.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
They're both inconsistent. But Thor is awesome.

Why pick Bumgarner when he missed most of this season? Because we know he's great. And I think some of us know that Noah is incredibly talented.

If his lack of innings is a problem then maybe deGrom should be top 10 instead of Syndergaard.
mad bum is a proven veteran than had a freak injury unrelated to baseball. Its a huge difference

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
My point was don't look at just this season. I voted for Syndergaard here based mostly on what he did last year.

It wasn't a good comparison though, lol.

brett05

Reaction score
I went Q here.  Thor is better, if he is healthy, but Q is Lester only at the stages they are both in right now Q is better

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
My point was don't look at just this season. I voted for Syndergaard here based mostly on what he did last year.

It wasn't a good comparison though, lol.
But he still failed to reach 200 innings while Lester did that and better.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
That wasn't his vault. Team was controlling his innings.

Like I said if the innings are that big an issue someone like deGrom should get your vote then.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
That wasn't his vault. Team was controlling his innings.

Like I said if the innings are that big an issue someone like deGrom should get your vote then.
Still, it shows he doesn't have the longevity that Lester has. And Lester has won big games.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I love Lester, but this year threw me off a bit. I hope it's not the downturn for him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
No, that's not the reason. He was pitching through a bone spur all season so the team was limiting his pitches. He still ended up pitching most of that season and pitched the wild card game. Before this season nobody questioned his longevity.

You don't vote for him because he's pitched 1 full season and didn't go 200 innings, on a team where 4/5 of their starters had Tommy John. That's crazy. Please tell me you have another reason.

P.s. why not deGrom then? 3 years with an era under 3.54, threw 201 innings this year.

Double PS. Keuchel hasn't thrown more than 168 innings for 2 years straight. Bananaland logic from some of you guys.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
No, that's not the reason. He was pitching through a bone spur all season so the team was limiting his pitches. He still ended up pitching most of that season and pitched the wild card game. Before this season nobody questioned his longevity.

You don't vote for him because he's pitched 1 full season and didn't go 200 innings, on a team where 4/5 of their starters had Tommy John. That's crazy. Please tell me you have another reason.

P.s. why not deGrom then? 3 years with an era under 3.54, threw 201 innings this year.

Double PS. Keuchel hasn't thrown more than 168 innings for 2 years straight. Bananaland logic from some of you guys.
Longevity is important to me. As much as I've bashed Porcello, at least he pitched 200 innings a season or close enough to it. If you can't do that, you're not a top 10 pitcher. Obviously I'm not picking Porcello by any means, but it is one of his two only good traits.

Lester has more experience than DeGrom, and I bet he just had an off season. He's done this a couple times in Boston before and came out strong the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%