2018-19 Offseason Thread

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Red Sox apparently flirting with idea of trading Porcello, Bogaerts and JBJ.

CoachAF

Reaction score
*checks in for rage that Familia was signed but the Mets*

Ahhh....nothing. Cool. Im out.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Totally on board with the Wilson Ramos signing. Actually a smart move by the Mets. I'm still in shock.

brett05

Reaction score
Given how long this is taking, I am wondering how serious it truly is that the White Sox are in for either or both Harper and Machado.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well I'm sure they want them, and are willing to pay quite a bit, but would either guy go there if a contender is offering the same thing?

brett05

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Well I'm sure they want them, and are willing to pay quite a bit, but would either guy go there if a contender is offering the same thing?
I think for sure the White Sox would have to be the top bidder. 

It's a tough call.  You go to a Cubs or a Dodgers and it's great this year, but no room to get what you need financially.  That's a selling point for a smaller team like the White Sox.  When they need something, they have the ability to go out there and get that somebody

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
I think for sure the White Sox would have to be the top bidder. 

It's a tough call.  You go to a Cubs or a Dodgers and it's great this year, but no room to get what you need financially.  That's a selling point for a smaller team like the White Sox.  When they need something, they have the ability to go out there and get that somebody
what? thats the exact opposite of what happens

the white sox cannot beat the dodgers, red sox, or yankees in a bidding war. its not even up to debate

catman

Reaction score
The White Sox just brought in Machado's brother in law -- Yonder Alonso -- to play 1B so Abreu can move to DH.  Not sure this will have a lot of effect, but they get along great and would enjoy playing together.

brett05

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
what? thats the exact opposite of what happens

the white sox cannot beat the dodgers, red sox, or yankees in a bidding war. its not even up to debate
Not only could they beat them, they can destroy them.  That's not up for debate.  You need to get a lot more familiar with payrolls and the penalties on the "cap."

catman

Reaction score
The White Sox should be relevant again, but don't expect them to do so this season.  A couple of additions will not bring them 30 more wins.

brett05

Reaction score
catman said:
The White Sox should be relevant again, but don't expect them to do so this season.  A couple of additions will not bring them 30 more wins.
No one is saying it will

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Makes me sick that the Yanks blew their load a year early on Stanton and now won't get Harper. 

Also wish they would flip Andujar for a SP if they're going to sign Machado..

Seems like Didi could be the odd man out after the season which is fucked

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't want to give Harper that much money.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
I mean I'd certainly rather give it to Harper than Stanton. 

Would probably rather give it to him over Machado too. But not with Stanton already here. 

catman

Reaction score
I'm not sure Machado will go to the Yankees, although he probably wants to.  They won't offer him the deal the Phillies or White Sox will and the White Sox are going to have to come up with the best offer in both money and years, guaranteed along with a full no-trade clause.  
Harper wants to be a Yankee also, but likely will not, as they have too many outfielders under contract now.  Will the Dodgers go all in and try to sign him?

catman

Reaction score
Also, Daniel Murphy is going to the Rockies.  He will likely play 1B there and let Ian Desmond go back to the outfield.  Profar goes to the A's and Domingo Santana goes to the Mariners for Ben Gamel and a prospect.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
catman said:
I'm not sure Machado will go to the Yankees, although he probably wants to.  They won't offer him the deal the Phillies or White Sox will and the White Sox are going to have to come up with the best offer in both money and years, guaranteed along with a full no-trade clause.  
Harper wants to be a Yankee also, but likely will not, as they have too many outfielders under contract now.  Will the Dodgers go all in and try to sign him?
If the Yankee offer is competitive to that of the Phillies and White Sox I'd be surprised if he passes on it. 

But then again some guys really will just take the most $$$ so we'll see. 

Doesn't look like he's in any hurry to decide either. 

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Interesting. 

I'm at the point where I'd be surprised if Machado isn't a Yankee so does Andujar/Tulo go to first if that happens now? Or does Tulo get relegated to bench duties. Not like he's making anything. 

Or is Cashman going to trade Andujar for a pitcher? Just not sure who. Don't see Cleveland giving us Kluber or Bauer. Giants will probably hold Bum til the deadline. We're not getting anyone from the Mets. Greinke bleh he wouldn't want to anyway. Fulmer's interesting but he's coming off a rough year and was decent the one before, plus I'm still salty he won ROY over Gary. Not sure what a deal for him would even look like at this point. 

I'm all for trading Andujar just hope they don't trade him for the sake of trading him if they bring in Manny. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%