* #3 - The Celtics had a lot of options here, Dunn, Chriss, Hield, Murray, etc. Ultimately adding Dunn to the roster was too hard to pass up, as he filled a number of boxes. Defensive ability, pure PG, and ability to play now amongst them.
* #8 - This is probably worst case scenario for Sacramento. They're all in on making the playoffs after a decade long absence and they desperately wanted a guy who could help them accomplish that immediately. That guy doesn't seem to be on the board here, so they are left reaching for potential.
* #10 - Michael Carter-Williams clearly is not the PG the Bucks need, so they look for a home run pick potential wise with Dejounte Murray here.
* #12 - The Jazz have a pretty strong roster of talented young players, so they are able to look at BPA at this pick. Korkmaz may not come over this year, but the Jazz can afford to wait.
* #14 - Maybe a bit of a surprise here, but the Bulls are looking at possibly losing Joakim Noah, who hasn't been exactly reliable regardless, and Pau Gasol isn't a young buck. Poeltl is probably better than the 14th overall pick, but in a league that true centers aren't as valuable as they once were Poeltl will likely take a bit of a fall.
* #15 - The Nuggets two big centers took guys like Zizic and Zubac out of the equation here, making Malachi Richardson and Deyonta Davis the two guys who kind of stood out here. The Nuggets took Bender at #7, so Richardson is the pick by default.
* #19 - With three picks in the first 19, the Nuggets aren't likely to select three guys who will come in and play immediately. They're likely to swing for the fences with a guy who they can essentially redshirt for a year, or few.
* #23 - Ellenson's free fall stops here at #23. The question marks about how good of an in game shooter he is, and more importantly, his defensive ability in the NBA played a huge part in this drop. But Boston gets excellent value here.
* #29 - There are two guys who stand out to me that are still available. Taurean Prince, and the guy I ultimately went with, Ivaca Zubac. I believe the Spurs would be thrilled to add a prospect like Zubac so late in the draft.