The Manny Machado Trade Thread

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Where does he end up? Which team will give up prospects for a half year rental?

I seriously hope the Yankees dish out top prospects to get this guy. There's no guarantee Machado signs on longer and where would the Yankees place him? Gregorius already plays shortstop and Andujar is doing an exceptional job at the plate. All I could see would be moving an outfielder so Stanton plays in the field full time and someone else takes DH. Doing that hurts the Yankees' defense.

I don't think the Yankees would benefit from this trade... The Brewers on the other hand...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You dont pass up on Manny Machado because Miguel Andujar has been slightly above average. He hasnt been good defensively either. The ideal situation for the yanks would be for Manny to buy in at playing third and keeping Didi at short,but Id imagine theyd flip them to appease Manny in the hopes hed sign long term. Hes been linked to the Yankees and idolized A-Rod growing up. I think its where he ends up next season regardless. Its important to also note that Didi is a free agent after this season.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After he gets his big contract you can play him at third again. He's at shortstop right now just to increase his value

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
You dont pass up on Manny Machado because Miguel Andujar has been slightly above average. He hasnt been good defensively either. The ideal situation for the yanks would be for Manny to buy in at playing third and keeping Didi at short,but Id imagine theyd flip them to appease Manny in the hopes hed sign long term. Hes been linked to the Yankees and idolized A-Rod growing up. I think its where he ends up next season regardless. Its important to also note that Didi is a free agent after this season.
It's always great to idolize players who constantly use roids. Yankees could move Andujar, there have been reports on this.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Im pretty sure you idolized Manny and Ortiz when they played in Boston, too

I surely did

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
It's always great to idolize players who constantly use roids. Yankees could move Andujar, there have been reports on this.
Like Manny and Ortiz

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
SI Breaking News: he will be a Phillie by the time the all star break is over. Book it

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Like Manny and Ortiz
I'll give you Manny hands down. Guy is a bum.

Ortiz only had one failed test before it was an issue and he wasn't caught afterward.

A-Roid was not only a roider, he's a cheater.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Im pretty sure you idolized Manny and Ortiz when they played in Boston, too

I surely did
Not Manny. He was the biggest bum we ever had.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Bigger than Rick Porcello?
Rick Porcello isn't great, but he's not as much as a liar and jerk than Manny was. I'm assuming you mentioned him without being serious though. Manny is a continuous cheater and a liar. As far as I know, Porcello has done neither.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looks like he's going to the "dodgers"

Yusniel Diaz might be in the package. Ugh. Just hit 2 homers in the future game

But we do have a lot of Outfield depth

Nightingale and heyman I think have it, but this guy has real sources with the dodgers

https://twitter.com/Chris_Camello/status/1019272634264051712?s=09

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So if the Dodgers get him, is he just gonna be a rental, or are they gonna try to re-sign him in the offseason? And if they do try to bring him back, what happens with Turner and Seager?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
So if the Dodgers get him, is he just gonna be a rental, or are they gonna try to re-sign him in the offseason? And if they do try to bring him back, what happens with Turner and Seager?
My guess is rental because I'm pretty sure we're going after Nolan after next season

If they do keep Manny:

1. Move Seager to 2b. He did have tommy John after all.

2. Keep seager at short, move Manny to 3b, and Turner to 1b. Bellinger can play CF and Muncy can play 2b

But he's a rental

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I'd love him to go to the Dodgers. Get him out of the East altogether. Yeah, I think he's overrated, but he's still a good player. Better to ship him out and not worry about him.

Dodgers still won't win in the postseason with him. It's a waste if they don't resign him.

Carson

Reaction score
Mexi said:
My guess is rental because I'm pretty sure we're going after Nolan after next season

If they do keep Manny:

1. Move Seager to 2b. He did have tommy John after all.

2. Keep seager at short, move Manny to 3b, and Turner to 1b. Bellinger can play CF and Muncy can play 2b

But he's a rental

Best be locking up Manny now. Rox will let DJ walk after season's end and start working on a new deal for Nolan. Not a big money franchise but they're trying to be as competitive as possible. I'm certainly no insider but feels like Nolan will spend most of his career in Denver.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Machado is entering FA, regardless if he returns to LA or not. Hes going to maximize his earnings as much as he can

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Carson said:

Best be locking up Manny now. Rox will let DJ walk after season's end and start working on a new deal for Nolan. Not a big money franchise but they're trying to be as competitive as possible. I'm certainly no insider but feels like Nolan will spend most of his career in Denver.
I doubt he'll sign long term a year before free agency but we'll see

The whispers out here are he'd be open to coming home and the dodgers are planning on chasing him. That's why they're resetting the tax

But hey maybe Manny stays and maybe the Rockies give Nolan his 400 mil

We'll see

Carson

Reaction score
Mexi said:
I doubt he'll sign long term a year before free agency but we'll see

The whispers out here are he'd be open to coming home and the dodgers are planning on chasing him. That's why they're resetting the tax

But hey maybe Manny stays and maybe the Rockies give Nolan his 400 mil

We'll see

Dodgers need to invest into the rotation a little bit. Kershaw's back and Rich Hill's blisters continue to haunt them each season.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Carson said:

Dodgers need to invest into the rotation a little bit. Kershaw's back and Rich Hill's blisters continue to haunt them each season.
kersh could opt in or go

Rich Hill is under contract for 2 more years and we have a pretty good amount of young guys

Wood, maeda, urias, Buehler, hill, Stripling are all under contract next year. And kersh likely as well. Among others like Caleb fergeson and a few others who could debut next year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%