Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know we have that bet on Brown, but good god I'm hoping the Celtics take him. For no reason other than it would push someone I covet further down. You have to think Phoenix will go Bender or Chriss, leaving Minnesota with their pick of Dunn or Murray. Meaning the Pels could have their pick between two of Dunn, Murray, and Hield. That's ideal.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think what makes the most sense is highlighted by what you said -- if Boston doesn't take Jaylen Brown at 3 and not Bender either, Brown will fall to at least 7, if not 8.

So it would make the most sense to actually take Murray at 3, and then Bender goes 4, Dunn goes 5, and then Boston starts looking for trades. If we don't trade with the Pels, y'all take Hield, and then the trade I think is most realistic happens, between Boston and Denver.

I've had a hunch for a few weeks that we'd get a deal done, somehow. One of two options would happen -- either Denver wants stock or talent. If they'd do 16/23/31/35/RJ Hunter for 7 (where they don't like Brown or Chriss) that'd be amazing for us, and it allows them a lot more prospects (the stock option). The other is if they say they would only trade 7 in a deal that gets them Murray, and are willing to include either Gallinari or Nurkic in the deal (Nurkic+7 for 3 or Gallinari+7 for 3+16+23+35) and then Boston would take Jaylen.

And if for some reason the Suns took Chriss at 4, and dropped Bender down, Boston could do the first deal with the Kings for #8

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I read elsewhere that Bostons pick at 3 is the most available, followed by Denver at 7. To me it's interesting to see how much Boston really likes Brown, because if he doesn't go at #3 he will definitely be available at #7.

With all the players Denver has, Id lean towards them adding a single player rather than a collection. I mean:

Mudiay, Augustine, Nelson at the point
Harris, Barton, Gallo, Chandler, Sampson on the wing
Faried, Arthur, Nurkic, Jokic, Lauvergne in the paint

That's a lot of guys with nobody really seperating themselves.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol Ford just released an edited mock with Dunn at #3 and Brown at #6. How cruel that would be.

Though I don't put stock in that because there is no chance they pass on Hield if he's available and Murray and Dunn are gone. Hell I don't know if they would pass on Hield if both were still available.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Celtics are feeding out smoke for their liking towards Kris Dunn. Philly, New Orleans, Minnesota, Sacramento all really want Dunn, so the Celtics "increasing their liking" towards him just increases his trade value at #3

There is just no way he's drafted to be a Celtic. I'm positive of that.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG7I-2yBYhv/
@bensimmons Trust the process

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How do you embed instagrams doe 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heard they promised him and LA promised Ingram

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Haynes, who is highly connected to Rich Paul (Simmons' agent), reported that they alerted him he is #1 earlier today. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And I think I read Malachi Richardson was promised by Memphis?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
[member='nolafan33']

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/745657935360032768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
From what I've heard so far, in my F5 activities (technically CMD+R because I'm on a Macbook but w/e):

• If the Celtics plan on keeping the third pick, it would be Jaylen Brown as the selection
• The Celtics are heavily in conversations with Philadelphia, in which the base of the deal is the 3rd pick (Kris Dunn) for Okafor, but the Celtics want more added from Philly. That might be Joel Embiid, or it may be a 2017 1st, and then its how much will Boston send out to even out the deal. But this deal is very likely to happen in some way, because Philly really wants to take Dunn.
• No other team is likely to trade their assets for the 3rd pick. Expect either Jaylen Brown for Boston, or Kris Dunn for the Sixers

• Phoenix for some reason really likes Chriss, and that's who I hear will be the pick. Not what I would do at all, but that's the move for them most likely.
• Wolves will go with Dunn if available, and Jamal Murray is their 2nd option if Dunn is gone
• Pelicans will go with Murray or Hield, barring a trade
• Kings @ 8 want Buddy Hield

I've heard almost nothing for who Denver wants, which would make me think they want to trade out

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That doesn't mean anything to me

And I read that it's come out within the last hour that Phoenix would take Dunn if there

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chad Ford:
Doing research tonight for Mock Draft 10. Based on all the info I can find, the Kings only got 1 prospect ranked in our Top 30 in for a workout -- Wade Baldwin. They didn't even get medicals on most of the top 10 prospects. They've been completely shunned by agents.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/745966263525122050

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Record-keeping isn't something that Sudan does particularly well, evidently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%