2017 NFL Gameday Thread

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
AE. said:
Slow reads, inaccurate throws, uncomfortable in the pocket, holds the ball too long... I mean, hes basically EJ Manuel. He shouldnt be regressing so much but hell, weve seen this before. Vince Young was much better suited to play in the NFL and even he was nothing more than a flash in the pan.

The excuse cant be he plays on a bad team either. The QB makes the offense, not supposed to be the other way around. They gave him more weapons this offseason and I dont think hes accurate throwing to them when theyre wide open.
Maybe you're right. I suppose we'll find out.

How bad does it look for Winston/Mariota that there are 3 QBs from the following draft who are already better than they are?

I also think Paxton Lynch could prove to be, too.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paxton Lynch still can't win the backup job on a team with Trevor Siemian and Brock Osweiler.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
He has a throwing shoulder injury that he just recovered from. He'll be starting within 3 weeks

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Maybe you're right. I suppose we'll find out.
How bad does it look for Winston/Mariota that there are 3 QBs from the following draft who are already better than they are?
I also think Paxton Lynch could prove to be, too.
The fact the elite QBs are becoming extinct is a huge problem for the NFL. Not sure how to fix it but HS and college teams aren’t going to start changing their appproaches tonthe position in order to appease the pro level.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I don't think they're becoming extinct at all. I think we have this impression of elite as in never makes mistakes. That's just not true. They all throw interceptions. Their teams all punt several times a game. The new breed of elite NFL QBs just isn't proving to be the guys we thought they would be. Winston and Mariota were supposed to be the heir apparents, but that just hasn't panned out. The new elite prospects came from the following class.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I don't think they're becoming extinct at all. I think we have this impression of elite as in never makes mistakes. That's just not true. They all throw interceptions. Their teams all punt several times a game. The new breed of elite NFL QBs just isn't proving to be the guys we thought they would be. Winston and Mariota were supposed to be the heir apparents, but that just hasn't panned out. The new elite prospects came from the following class.
The gameplay has been terrible for most part and that’s because of awful QB play. We have a pair of young QBs in Wentz and Goff who could be elite/All Pro/top dogs, w/e, but it’s a 32 team league and the best QBs remain a small group that is at or near 40 years of age.

Andrew Luck was to represent the next wave and now we have no idea what his deal is. Does Carr qualify? Maybe.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Game play has not been terrible--NFL defenses are fucking awesome, and that is fucking awesome.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's always been bad QB play though. Injuries have made it a lot worse this year, but you could probably look at any NFL season in history and find 7-10 bad starters. It's a hard job.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Game play has not been terrible--NFL defenses are fucking awesome, and that is fucking awesome.
You’re one of the few I’ve come across who feel different. Most recognize poor QB play, watered down prouduct, too many penalties, and the networks... too many damn commercials.

The league is pretty shitty when right now, out of a 32 team League, most of us could probably accurately predict 3 of the 4 teams that will end up in conference champ games.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
There's always been bad QB play though. Injuries have made it a lot worse this year, but you could probably look at any NFL season in history and find 7-10 bad starters. It's a hard job.
Waaaaay more than 10 bad starting QBs in this league man

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Which is why I said injuries have made it worse this year. It's usually around or just under 10 though.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
AE. said:
Youre one of the few Ive come across who feel different. Most recognize poor QB play, watered down prouduct, too many penalties, and the networks... too many damn commercials.

The league is pretty shitty when right now, out of a 32 team League, most of us could probably accurately predict 3 of the 4 teams that will end up in conference champ games.
Too many penalties is the product of too many dumb rules and ego driven officials like Hochuli, Cheffers, and Boger.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
AE. said:
Waaaaay more than 10 bad starting QBs in this league man
You're equating not elite to bad. There actually aren't that many bad QBs in the league. You want to know a bad NFL QB? Scott Tolzien.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
You're equating not elite to bad. There actually aren't that many bad QBs in the league. You want to know a bad NFL QB? Scott Tolzien.
There’s about 5 elite QBs in the league, maybe 6 others that are good-to-great... and the rest are unproven/learning, bad, or just awful. I mean how much longer do we have to watch McCown vs Fitzpatrick!?

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
There's always an old veteran clinging to life on a bad team, and Fitz is only in because of injury

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
There's always an old veteran clinging to life on a bad team, and Fitz is only in because of injury
Either way, Jameis hasn’t been good at all this season.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
The Bucs have been terrible as a whole. No running game, no offense.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
The Bucs have been terrible as a whole. No running game, no offense.
Yes, both to the fault of the QB

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/FOXSports/status/927235231949537280

Dude is fucking weird, too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%