Kraig Harlow's 2016 NBA Draft

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stray32 said:

I actually agree with the KG-Odom comps (1000x better than Giannis comps I've seen), the one thing he lacks from both of those guys though is vision/feel for the game/knowing where to be and where/when to move. And to come close to being another KG he has to really ramp up his strength and explosiveness in traffic. He's got great athleticism for a big and shooting upside (not quite there yet) which is why so many internet fans are in love with him. He's definitely a project but I agree he most likely goes in the late teens/early 20s, can see the Celtics taking him (or the Pistons if he gets there).

The Pistons wanted Draymond Green because a playmaking+shooting+defensive PF (which is what he'd have been) is dream-level perfect for the SVG system. You're right they like versatility and that's why they have Morris and Harris, and of the SG-SF variety KCP and Stanley Johnson. And they even have depth behind those guys, the only position group with real depth. Saying this as a Pistons and MSU fan (and someone who studies the draft in depth) I think there's next to no chance the Pistons take Valentine, you can only have so many guys playing the same position on a 15-man roster

Thanks man for the positive post dude.  

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
His worst case is FAR lower than Bender

He hasn't even played college ball, and his "highlights" are based of his ball handling as a big man. If he can't dribble in the league (which I don't think he will at all) then he won't even make a 13 man roster. He'll have Anthony Bennett-level production. That's his worst case

And his middle is lower than Lamar Odom too. Odom was really solid

He's the first high school kid we've had in a decade. I sat court side and saw him play and he is extremely talented and raw. He can pass, dribble, shoot and plays solid defense. He's more than a mixtape online. 

One scout compared him to Jumaine Jones which is a fair assessment. He's a guy you draft, put in Australia/Europe and the D-League 2 years straight. Boston has a great feeder program for kids like him.

I also called Kristaps Dirk 2.0 last year and people laughed at that. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
HS ball is so much different than the pros. Like, who was the average matchup for Thon in school -- 6'7" 200lb? He needs a solid 50lbs more of muscle to even compete in this league

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
HS ball is so much different than the pros. Like, who was the average matchup for Thon in school -- 6'7" 200lb? He needs a solid 50lbs more of muscle to even compete in this league

He's also got 50 lbs to gain in 2-3 years. If he went one and done he'd be in the same position next year. Its better for pro trainers to work with him in the D-League with a year head start.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thin Maker is the perfect nickname. Shoutout to my boy Nola.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
FINALLY someone else can see promise from Thon Maker. I was beginning to think that everyone had bought into the bust-hype, rather than his upside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%