2016 NFL Gameday Thread

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bucs traded away a 3rd and 4th rounder to take a kicker in the 2nd round, and he missed his first extra point attempt in the preseason.

Never trust FSU kickers.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love having Mayock on the Eagles preseason games.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
goddammit, I fucking love Allen Robinson.  Dude might be my favorite non-Redskin in the league right now.

IDK how accurate that is, but he's great. I wish kam was here so we could talk about Allen Robinson.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
My Patriots perspective from last night:

• Jimmy Garoppolo had very solid moments and very poor moments. He had a brilliant dime to Mitchell towards the sideline that was perfectly placed, where nobody else could get the ball. But he also had miscommunications with some of the receivers, and he had one awful play in the red zone where he threw off his backfoot across his body and was very lucky it wasn't intercepted. That pass will get picked off against any starting NFL defense, so you cannot do that. His biggest problem is that teams will not respect the running game at all, and will just tee off against Garoppolo in the pass rush. Brady is smart enough to find where the pressure is coming, and make quick adjustments in both slide protection, re-routing, and changing his focal option. Granted Jimmy only had 1-2 good receivers on the field last night but I'm truly scared to see how he'll adjust with the Cardinals tough defense in Wk1, and then the tough pass rushes of the Dolphins, Bills, and Texans as well. If he's not confident in the pocket, we might have trouble -- but he will have a plethora of talent to throw it to

• Everyone is freaking out about Chandler Jones leaving, and Ninkovich's injury is really solid. But after yesterday? I'm not scared at all. Chris Long looked FANTASTIC against Andrus Peat, and Sheard showed his bully strength with a strip on the first drive. Trey Flowers, a 4th rounder last year who was on IR all season, had a mean rip from the interior, and got a strip sack and returned the ball himself for the score. He seems like he'll be quite capable as a backup DE. McClellin looked much better in his role in this new 3-4 hybrid defense, playing ROLB as he covered the flat well and had a surprisingly good bull rush (idk why Chicago had him at ILB...). And god are Collins and Dont'a freaking good. Outside the Carolina tandem, this is the best linebacking pair in the NFL, and definitely in the AFC.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RG3 tonight doe, hopefully Corey Coleman plays 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andrus Peat is really interesting, he looks great on the left side (both tackle and guard), solid at RG, but lost at RT.

Maybe it's a lack of reps there because that's the only position on the line where he would play that has been locked down.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
he should definitely be a left guard. i've never liked his footwork on the outside and it really shows when hes at tackle. put him inside and he'll perform better

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Bucs traded away a 3rd and 4th rounder to take a kicker in the 2nd round, and he missed his first extra point attempt in the preseason.

Never trust FSU kickers.
Or QB's

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marvin Jones with a nice toe tapper on the sidelines.  Stafford handling the blitz well.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, Kevin Harlan commentating a Packers game.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kevin Patrick is the play-by-play guy for all Browns pre-season games, don't quite know why. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awwwww shit

RG3 getting ready to hit the field.  Haven't been this excited since this happened 4 years ago.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
pryor already a beast confirmed 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RG3 to Pryor for 50 yards on the first fucking play.

Who stops this team?  Who stops this fucking team?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
was fun while it lasted

rip

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pryor again for a 3rd down conversion.

Super Bowl lock

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pryor looks like an actual receiver this year. Could be a fun team to watch offensively if that holds up. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%