Reaction score
Obviously bosox likes the play call lol it won his team a Super Bowl

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Obviously bosox likes the play call lol it won his team a Super Bowl
exactly. bosox is definitely homer of the century.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Oh fucking come on.

Read what I said again. I didn't say I liked the playcall. Obviously running the ball was the play. But it wasn't a bad play at all.

the throw was slightly off. But thats a clear TD if the throw is a few inches to the right, or if Butler doesn't make a FANTASTIC read on the ball. It has nothing to do with the outcome of the play. If Butler doesn't jump it, or Browner doesn't jam Kearse as well, or Lockette is more aggressive... its a touchdown. New England loses.

A bad play would be to throw it to Kearse or Revis. This play was executed well; the defense just played it perfectly

give me a fucking break.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I understand why the call was made but it was definitely overthinking the situation and just bad

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Oh fucking come on.

Read what I said again. I didn't say I liked the playcall. Obviously running the ball was the play. But it wasn't a bad play at all.

the throw was slightly off. But thats a clear TD if the throw is a few inches to the right, or if Butler doesn't make a FANTASTIC read on the ball. It has nothing to do with the outcome of the play. If Butler doesn't jump it, or Browner doesn't jam Kearse as well, or Lockette is more aggressive... its a touchdown. New England loses.

A bad play would be to throw it to Kearse or Revis. This play was executed well; the defense just played it perfectly

give me a fucking break.
It was a bad playcall. Why throw the ball at all? They had a timeout.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It was a bad playcall. Why throw the ball at all? They had a timeout.
New England had 4 DBs out there on the field, and stacked the box. Seattle had 3 WRs and a receiving TE out there. In Carroll's mind, there was a decent chance that Lynch could have lost yards on the run, since it would have been 7 rushing 5 blockers. Then you have to use the timeout, and you have to throw then. He was planning on the throw due to the personnel out there, and if it was incomplete, then run the ball heavy on 3rd, and then call a timeout on 4th if he still doesnt get in. It just wasn't incomplete.

They should have run it anyways, but like dan said, it was seattle overthinking the situation

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why are you trying to defend a horrible play call? You won the game, just enjoy it lol. No one is diminishing what the Patriots did by saying that was one of the worst play calls of all time. Pats couldn't control the play call, and made the right play to win the game. End of story.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
Why are you trying to defend a horrible play call? You won the game, just enjoy it lol. No one is diminishing what the Patriots did by saying that was one of the worst play calls of all time. Pats couldn't control the play call, and made the right play to win the game. End of story.
This.

Wait, we aren't allowed to agree, are we?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
This.

Wait, we aren't allowed to agree, are we?
No we are not.......
uhhhh, fuck you I think? 
haha

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that's why i said he's a homer.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Warren Sapp just couldn't wait till after the super bowl huh lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The assault charges are serious but prostitution shouldn't be illegal

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Before the year started, people said the Pats tough portion of their schedule started in Week 9.

From Week 9 and onwards (incl Playoffs), the Patriots allowed a total of 19 4th quarter points, and only 1 touchdown.

The recipient of that touchdown was a left tackle.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Before the year started, people said the Pats tough portion of their schedule started in Week 9.

From Week 9 and onwards (incl Playoffs), the Patriots allowed a total of 19 4th quarter points, and only 1 touchdown.

The recipient of that touchdown was a left tackle.

Not that FCS football is a huge deal, but that's like North Dakota State's defense last year. Incredibly impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%