Everett Golson Leaves Notre Dame

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at Notre Dame, according to University spokesman Dennis Brown. The departure throws next season into serious question as the Irish may need a new quarterback.

"Federal law and our own policies preclude us from discussing specifics," Brown told Irish Illustrated.
Local NBC affiliate WNDU first reported the news on Saturday night.

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1509328

This is quite the stunner and comes on the heels of Gunner Kiehl's transfer to Cincinnati.  For those who don't know, Kiehl was once regarded as the greatest QB recuit EVER.....except the Golson and the 2012 undefeated regular season didn't bode too well for Kiehl's future as a starting QB at Notre Dame.  If only he were a bit more patient.

I'm now reading this all has something to do with an academics violation.  This is really bad ju-ju as this kinda shit doesn't isn't supposed to be happening at Notre Dame. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gunner Kiel was never thought of like that.

Rough break for the Golden Domers. 4 loss season coming.

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
They classified it as a Res Life thing. But I saw somewhere he plagiarized a final. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Gunner Kiel was never thought of like that.

All those Irish homers spoke of him like he was going to be the next big thing in college football. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Homers being the key word there. He was a top QB prospect, sure but nothing close to the greatest ever. DeShaun Watson is a better prospect and he just finished his Junior year of High School.

Well, technically he hasn't finished his Junior year, but you get the point.

PG24

Reaction score
Sucks to hear for ND fans. They'll take a HUGE drop this year with Golson gone. Will be interested to see how Rees handles things stepping into the starting role. I've always been a fan of his as well.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think losing Golson for the season does much for the Irish.  Lets keep in mind how much of a fluke a lot of last season was and outside of scramble, there isn't anything Golson does better than Reese.  

Not to mention, how many games did Reese have to close-out last season?  

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%