2017-2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

Reaction score
brett05 said:
You are right he's not, qualified is 3.1 PA per game.  Comparison can still be made.
And when it is done, Kyle has a better defensive value then Andrew last season.  Base don actual factual numbers.

But all of you keep your opinions.  You've been so insightful.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Most of that value was in his arm anyways. His range sucks.

Give yourself a massive headshake if you legitimately believe Schwarber is a better fielder than Benintendi.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I mean, in his defense the stats back that up. But that's why we need to look at stats and physically watch the players to make these judgements. One look at Schwarber and he's not a LF. You don't even need to watch him in the field. Just look at him.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/940717408561623040

Idk how to feel. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its sad the Red Sox have coveted JD all along but the media will still spin it as a “panic signing”. In any event, I’m surprised CarGo isn’t getting more love. No doubt on the downside and suspect outside of Coors, but willing to take a short deal in hopes of bouncing back and trying the market again next year.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree on Martinez. I think it is a complete panic deal. We will have to overpay for him and there's no guarantee he will repeat 2017 numbers. Before 2017, I didn't even know the guy existed. If he doesn't put up 2017 numbers, he's not worth it.

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I mean, in his defense the stats back that up. But that's why we need to look at stats and physically watch the players to make these judgements. One look at Schwarber and he's not a LF. You don't even need to watch him in the field. Just look at him.
I don't disagree, however Kyle does look pretty darn cut this off season.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I disagree on Martinez. I think it is a complete panic deal. We will have to overpay for him and there's no guarantee he will repeat 2017 numbers. Before 2017, I didn't even know the guy existed. If he doesn't put up 2017 numbers, he's not worth it.
Thats your own fault. Its not like he wasnt good until this year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
This board HATES Hosmer haha
I don't hate him but he wouldn't be 1 of 3 players I'd start a team with, that's for sure.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Thats your own fault. Its not like he wasnt good until this year.
True about not knowing him, but honestly, if he doesn't put up 2017 numbers, he's not going to be worth the money.  I doubt he puts up 2017 numbers again.  Slim chance.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
This board HATES Hosmer haha
I don't dislike Hosmer.  I actually think he's okay.  But he's another one who won't be worth his price tag.

catman

Reaction score
Hosmer has been an outstanding player for quite a while.  He is quite a leader in the clubhouse and is well-spoken enough to be the team spokesman for the media.  Then, there is his play on the field.  The metrics don't necessarily like his fielding, but he is one of the best at scooping the ball in the dirt and throws better than 90% of the 1B's in the majors.  He is among the best at cutting the ball also.  He knows where to be on every play and can make plays no one else can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%