Will The Athletics Trade Cespedes or Lowrie?

Which Athletics Player Is More Likely To Get Traded?

• OF Yoenis Cespedes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • SS Jed Lowrie

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Both

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
One of the big rumors the last few weeks is that despite GM Billy Beane saying he wants to build around their current talent, many speculate he will try to trade either OF Yoenis Cespedes or SS Jed Lowrie. 

To add to the Cespedes & Lowrie speculation is Oakland's interest in RF Nelson Cruz and their recent signing of Nick Punto. 

Lowrie seems like the guy Beane would trade first. He's a cheap player coming off a career year that he can sell high. This year in his first full season starting, the 29 year old SS hit 15 HRs, 75 RBIs, and put up a line of .290/.344/.446/.791. 

Cespedes is coming off a down year so it's not a perfect time for Oakland to trade him, but it may make him more appealing to GMs, especially since many GMs this winter are hesitant to trade their top prospects. Cespedis had 26 HRs and 80 RBIs with a line of .240/.294/.442/.737. 

Which one is most likely to get traded? Do they both get traded or do neither get traded?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i voted for yoe. hes been rumored to being shopped since before the deadline.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I went with Cespedes. I believe he is more valuable to the A's, but when it comes to trading either player, I see Oakland getting more back for Cespedes, compared to trading Lowrie.

BoboMania

Reaction score
I bet they trade Lowrie if anyone. They traded Choice and Bostick away and they would love to replenish their farm system. Also Stephen Drew is still available to make a return. Cespedes is a guy you can build an offense around, while Lowrie is not.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think they trade Lowrie as well. Good shortstops are hard to come by these days, now he doesn't have a proven track record but he is a higher commodity than Cespedes. So they would definitely get some very valuable prospects in return for him. As for Cespedes, if I were the Rockies I would definitely go after him. Imagine him in Coors with Tulo and Cargo around him, whoa!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%