Miggy out for season

catman

Reaction score
Tough news for baseball fans to hear.  Miggy is one of the genuine "good guys" in the game and will be missed by all fans.  I wish him the best with his surgery, which will likely take place in the next couple of weeks once the swelling subsides.  He should be back next year.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
That's what happens when you're old and out of shape.
Because it's so easy to age when you're 6'4 250 and playing the field every day. Maybe he should have gotten on the David Ortiz plan of becoming a career DH who only stands for 10 minutes a game and takes copious amounts of steroids. Might have aged better.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Because it's so easy to age when you're 6'4 250 and playing the field every day. Maybe he should have gotten on the David Ortiz plan of becoming ac career DH who only stands for 10 minutes a game and takes copious amounts of steroids. Might have aged better.
steroids would have definitely helped.

miggy is a bug guy, injuries are bound to happen but this kind is more of a freak injury

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Because it's so easy to age when you're 6'4 250 and playing the field every day. Maybe he should have gotten on the David Ortiz plan of becoming ac career DH who only stands for 10 minutes a game and takes copious amounts of steroids. Might have aged better.
In all seriousness I never understood why the tigers held onto victor when it was so clear Miguel needed to become a DH at some point

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
In all seriousness I never understood why the tigers held onto victor when it was so clear Miguel needed to become a DH at some point
After Victor had that really good year in 2014 Mike Ilitch decided he couldn't lose him so he gave him a four year contract. I didn't think he was gonna play all four of those years, but here we are. If he leaves that offseason, I think the transition to DH happens sooner, but I also know Miguel enjoys playing the field so idk. It's also pretty likely that the hole at DH gets filled with another free agent on a huge contract, given the way the Tigers' front office was behaving at the time.

I imagine the plan now is to move him to DH when he (hopefully) comes back and move Castellanos to 1B, because he can not play RF, and because they have Christian Stewart mashing in AAA who's another corner outfielder.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Because it's so easy to age when you're 6'4 250 and playing the field every day. Maybe he should have gotten on the David Ortiz plan of becoming a career DH who only stands for 10 minutes a game and takes copious amounts of steroids. Might have aged better.
Copious amounts? What are you referring to there? Can't just be 2003.

Sorry if I made you mad as a Tigers fan. Never said anything about anyone else other than Miggy, who is out of shape and can't run. It's caught up with him the past few years.

Think what you want about Ortiz. I'll just use my 2013 card. I'm not saying Ortiz is clean outside of 2003, but I wouldn't suggest Miggy is perfect either. But cry steroids whenever someone says something you don't like. Way to go. For all we know, miggy May not be clean either.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Copious amounts? What are you referring to there? Can't just be 2003.

Sorry if I made you mad as a Tigers fan. Never said anything about anyone else other than Miggy, who is out of shape and can't run. It's caught up with him the past few years.

Think what you want about Ortiz. I'll just use my 2013 card. I'm not saying Ortiz is clean outside of 2003, but I wouldn't suggest Miggy is perfect either. But cry steroids whenever someone says something you don't like. Way to go. For all we know, miggy May not be clean either.
his response had nothing to do with you

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
his response had nothing to do with you
Then why the David Ortiz hate?

It was targeted to me.

Not sure what you mean by the bold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%