Commish
Reaction score
Breaking news. I don't get it

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Would be a good hire by them. He can wear #1 for trying to win their first title hahaha

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
unless he wanted out, it makes no sense. he was one game from making the world series

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
George firing winning managers from beyond the grave. Incredible.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
strange. hopefully he goes to washington to get them over the hump

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
We live in an age of yes-men. Front Office want a manager who is not only successful but does everything they want them to do, and always agrees with them.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Makes a ton of sense given the direction of the team. Cashman wants a younger, more player-friendly manager that is big on analytics. Yanks have built a fairly large analytics dept and while Joe didn't necessarily ignore it, he certainly isn't embracing it like the AJ Hinch's and Dave Roberts's of MLB do. Girardi is old school, he's more rugged, and likely wants to be paid like a guy who spent 10 years dealing with the NY media.

There's a few skippers on the Farm who've won games with Kraken, Judge, Bird, Severino, etc. 

If anything, I wish the Yanks would've made this decision a little sooner and at least interviewed Alex Cora.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
An AE sighting!

You think they're going in-house? Any names you've heard about, or anyone you would prefer?

brett05

Reaction score
AE. said:
Makes a ton of sense given the direction of the team. Cashman wants a younger, more player-friendly manager that is big on analytics. Yanks have built a fairly large analytics dept and while Joe didn't necessarily ignore it, he certainly isn't embracing it like the AJ Hinch's and Dave Roberts's of MLB do. Girardi is old school, he's more rugged, and likely wants to be paid like a guy who spent 10 years dealing with the NY media.

There's a few skippers on the Farm who've won games with Kraken, Judge, Bird, Severino, etc. 

If anything, I wish the Yanks would've made this decision a little sooner and at least interviewed Alex Cora.
Girardi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cora

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is Cora actually a big analytics guy or do people just assume he is because he works for the Astros?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
An AE sighting!

You think they're going in-house? Any names you've heard about, or anyone you would prefer?
I'm thinking Kevin Long, Al Pedrique, or Bobby Mitchell. Long has experience in the Bronx while Pedrique and Mitchell have successfully managed much of the Yankees' young core in the minors. 

I honestly don't care who it is, as long as they don't manage the young talent backwards. John Farrell sealed his fate in Boston when virtually all of their younger talent took a step back in 2017. Girardi's strength was how he handled the media and commanded the clubhouse. His in-game management skills and relating to young players.... not so good.

brett05 said:
Girardi>>>>>>>>Cora
TBD. Cora hasn't managed a game yet so its not a fair assumption. 

Teagz said:
Is Cora actually a big analytics guy or do people just assume he is because he works for the Astros?
From what I've read his experience working with the Astros was favorable largely because of their work with analytics. Either way, the Red Sox coveted Cora because of his communication skills and how well he works with players. Haven't read one negative about Cora's personality. It was no secret in Boston that the players better respected and confided in Torey Lovullo. Torey wasn't on Farrell's bench this season and the clubhouse went to shit. 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
AE. said:
I'm thinking Kevin Long, Al Pedrique, or Bobby Mitchell. Long has experience in the Bronx while Pedrique and Mitchell have successfully managed much of the Yankees' young core in the minors. 

I honestly don't care who it is, as long as they don't manage the young talent backwards. John Farrell sealed his fate in Boston when virtually all of their younger talent took a step back in 2017. Girardi's strength was how he handled the media and commanded the clubhouse. His in-game management skills and relating to young players.... not so good.

TBD. Cora hasn't managed a game yet so its not a fair assumption. 

From what I've read his experience working with the Astros was favorable largely because of their work with analytics. Either way, the Red Sox coveted Cora because of his communication skills and how well he works with players. Haven't read one negative about Cora's personality. It was no secret in Boston that the players better respected and confided in Torey Lovullo. Torey wasn't on Farrell's bench this season and the clubhouse went to shit. 

Exactly what I've been reading. Cora was always good at controlling Manny. People respect him.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Exactly what I've been reading. Cora was always good at controlling Manny. People respect him.
As a Red Sox fan, what moves do you see them making? Does Dombrowski at the wheel of personnel decisions petrify you at all?

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Honestly from what I've been reading, it wouldn't surprise me if the outfield gets broken up. It sounds a lot like JBJ could be packaged with Benintendi shifting to centre and signing Martinez for left field. 

We also need someone at first. I don't want anything to do Hosmer. Moreland is like a one win player, so he's nothing special. Some have suggested shifting Devers to first (dude's glove needs major work) and then maybe resigning Nunez. 

Overall, we're still hurting from Cherington. Ramirez and Porcello's contracts aren't pretty. Plus we got dead money from the likes of Castillo and Sandoval.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Honestly from what I've been reading, it wouldn't surprise me if the outfield gets broken up. It sounds a lot like JBJ could be packaged with Benintendi shifting to centre and signing Martinez for left field. 

We also need someone at first. I don't want anything to do Hosmer. Moreland is like a one win player, so he's nothing special. Some have suggested shifting Devers to first (dude's glove needs major work) and then maybe resigning Nunez. 

Overall, we're still hurting from Cherington. Ramirez and Porcello's contracts aren't pretty. Plus we got dead money from the likes of Castillo and Sandoval.
Stanton to Boston gets a lot of talk but I can’t see it happening. The Marlins don’t need OF, nor does Boston need another massive contract. Not a popular opinion but I believe the Sale Trade was a big error. The White Sox won in the long run and it’s not like Sale was good down the stretch.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Sale's September performance made me nervous, not gonna lie. I still think Moncada's athleticism gets him overhyped. The strikeout percentage is scary. I've said it before, Kopech is the real prize in that trade. Dude throws straight filth.

And yeah obviously I'd love Stanton, throw him in left and watch him smack em over the green monster. Don't think we have the assets/would want to give them up. Betts would likely head the other direction.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trading for Stanton is a classic Dombrowski move. I'd bet on that deal going down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%