Marlins Have Agreed to Stanton Deals with Giants, Cardinals

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/12/marlins-agree-to-framework-of-giancarlo-stanton-deals-with-cards-giants.html

The Marlins have agreed to the general framework of Giancarlo Stanton trades with both the Cardinals and the Giants, Jon Morosi of MLB.com reports (Twitter links). Whether a deal comes together will depend on Stantons willingness to waive his no-trade clause to join either club, which looks far from certain. In fact, Jim Bowden of SiriusXM tweets that the Dodgers are the only team hed agree to waive his no-trade rights for as of now. Bowden adds that the Giants would have a better chance than long shot Cardinals of landing Stanton if the Dodgers were to pass on acquiring him

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Such a leak by the Marlins lol

Saying you've agreed to deals with two teams is literally just an effort to have Boston and LA try to up their offers

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's literally an effort to push Stanton to accept a trade and move on

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is a pretty shady tactic.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Such a leak by the Marlins lol

Saying you've agreed to deals with two teams is literally just an effort to have Boston and LA try to up their offers

But he doesn't want to go to Boston. LA, yea, that makes sense. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I dont want him in Boston either so im happy with this news. just still shady tactics

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They have a player only willing to accept a trade to one team right now, how is this shady? 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
sorry, shady wasnt the right word.

they didn't have to leak the two trades to the media for giancarlo to accept a deal. they could have told him that they had deals in place with san fran and st louis, and if he preferred one or the other. if stanton wanted to go to either, they just announce "Stanton agrees to deal with Giants" and we dont need to know about the done deal with the cards

but saying that they have accepted offers on the table from two teams, without having the trade actually accepted and processed, is pointless knowledge unless they are trying to get the red sox and dodgers to ante up. they didnt need to leak the two accepted deals is my point

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're in a position with limited leverage right now. The Dodgers and Red Sox are likely offering shit, and they need to do whatever they can to maximize the value of an MVP candidate 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Your point is it was wrong to leak the trade options. How is trying to maximize value wrong, if that is the hill you're dying on here?

I think they'd happily send him to San Francisco for whatever was agreed upon, I stand by my original post of them just putting pressure on him to accept one of these deals so they can end this charade 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah Boston is 100% out on Stanton and it appears on all accounts he's staying in the NL. So I'm not concerned at all. 

Has it actually been confirmed that the Dodgers actually have full blown interest in Stanton? He's really tying management's hands here.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is zero chance he leaves miami and turns down the giants for st. Louis lmao

Giants is so iffy cause they are worse off than miami right now and hed be losing money with state taxes

Dodgers or bust lmao

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Yeah Boston is 100% out on Stanton and it appears on all accounts he's staying in the NL. So I'm not concerned at all. 

Has it actually been confirmed that the Dodgers actually have full blown interest in Stanton? He's really tying management's hands here.
dodgers are focused on ohtani

My belief is once ohtani decides on a team we'll see what the dodgers do

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:

It's a shame. He'd be a great fit for Boston. You won't get the same production from JD Martinez or Jose Abreu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%