#FultzToChi

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Dannyboy77 said:
Retro league is restarting.

And just some suggestions. I can tell you guys don't want to be an elite site and wanna settle. But just some good tips I wanted to lay out. Up to y'all if you wanna implement them.
We live for mediocrity

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dannyboy77 said:
Retro league is restarting.

And just some suggestions. I can tell you guys don't want to be an elite site and wanna settle. But just some good tips I wanted to lay out. Up to y'all if you wanna implement them.
not like we've gotten any real members after that merge. we have a few guys(you included) who post outside of the sim. changing those things would not change that.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dannyboy77 said:
More suggestions assuming PIPE is the main theme...I like giving suggestions on fixing up sites so bear with me:

'Upload' thing on top should be removed

NBA Retro League should be added next to the BS League on top

A like/dislike system or Thank You system for posts might be cool

Text on the banner is hard to read/gets cut off

Text on very bottom on forum is hard to read as well
1. Upload stays. Its hosted on our own server so no point in removing it. I also don't have the files for that add-on, so I may never be able to re-add it. Its also useful and plenty members use it. Then nobody has to worry that their images won't appear if a different site it's hosted on goes down.

2. I'll add that this week when I get a chance. They just restarted that league last week and I wanted to wait until it was moving smoothly before I added it. Has to be added manually to each theme, that's why.

3. We have + votes, no -. Some weird coding issue prevents it from working on mobile. I've never been able to figure it out.

4 & 5 Which theme?.

Problem with the footer text is its the same text as other areas of the site. Change that and it messed up text elsewhere. Kind of a pain, but if I know which theme it is I can try to find a solution this weekend.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
you can alter the footer text... you know that, right?

like i altered it for SI Bosox (although I use SI Light) because black would be impossible to see

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Its not possible for them to be elite when bosox runs things

#FultzToChi
lol i hardly run things here

i just actually do shit around this site. we have 3 owners and 4 admins and I'd argue only 1-2 of them actually do shit. buzzy and i help more than half the administration lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and our owners are cool but they dont always make their presence felt

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
you can alter the footer text... you know that, right?

like i altered it for SI Bosox (although I use SI Light) because black would be impossible to see

Weird. On some themes when I found which text was for the footer, it edited other text on the site. Like it was the same font setting for other areas of the site. 

KGR

Reaction score
Is the board up to date? I know IPS had a really solid update and its literally like facebook with the likes system. Full on love button, confused, laughing with crying, etc.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Is it possible to add a link to the upload section on the mobile skin? It's always a pain in the ass to have to change to regular just to upload something

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
KGR said:
Is the board up to date? I know IPS had a really solid update and its literally like facebook with the likes system. Full on love button, confused, laughing with crying, etc.
Unfortunately we can't upgrade to the new version. It requires different software on our server, and this site is on the same server as a few other sites our owners run, and it would cause issues.

Which is too bad. I've seen the new IPB and it's phenomenal.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Is it possible to add a link to the upload section on the mobile skin? It's always a pain in the ass to have to change to regular just to upload something
That's something we've never been able to figure out. I might take another crack at it and see if I can figure out how to add it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%