Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I haven't really gotten to evaluate this class yet, but it looks pretty strong in the lottery at first glance.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I really don't know anything about this year's class. Gotta pay more attention to NCAA basketball. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'll be honest, as much as I like Ben Simmons, the people comparing him to LeBron our a little crazy.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It really is, not the kind of thing he will fix in a year or two. He had a wide open jumper vs Arkansas the other night from the short corner and it wasn't even somewhat close to hitting anything.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I didn't really do much draft evaluations of players until 2007 (when it mattered for the Celtics), but in terms of pure skill set, Ben Simmons seems like a left-handed, slightly bigger, and slightly better scoring version of Marvin Williams.

I might be wrong, but idk. Simmons seems overrated 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i really wish i watched more. ill do my fair share of scouting when draft time gets closer but right now im more of a highlight watcher at night

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Who do you think? Because Lebron is a bad comp

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
LeBron is obviously too extreme. Marvin Williams is a terrible comparison though. Simmons has great vision especially for his size. He's a really good passer. The first thing that came to my mind is a taller, much more athletic Boris Diaw, but that's probably not giving Simmons enough credit. I've heard Lamar Odom's name thrown out there too, which is fair, but his ceiling is higher than Odom.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A much more athletic, taller Boris Diaw is pretty much a star player, so that comparison isn't really terrible. But yea, using Lamar Odom as the name instead is probably better. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What do y'all think about Buddy Hield and Kris Dunn?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I love Buddy as a college player. Should win NPOY. His pro stock is being helped by the bad draft class though. That's not to say he can't potentially be a starting 2 in the NBA though, but I don't think he'd be a lottery pick in a lot of draft classes.

Dunn is by all accounts the best PG in the draft. He's a good distributor, good defender, long, athletic, and has good height for a point guard. His shot could use work in all areas, but it's fixable.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This Uthoff kid from Iowa looks solid.  Does he have much pro potential?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Hasn't been on the radar until this year but he could work his way into the first round if he keeps playing this well

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know I've said it numerous times but the more I watch Ben Simmons the more I "meh" on him hype wise. I'd take him on my team in a heartbeat but I don't think he is a super elite prospect.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm a big LSU guy so I've watched him every chance I have gotten and have seen him in person a few times. Something is just missing in his game. I bought into the hype and at the beginning of the season I was on the "he's not aggressive enough" train. Sometimes he still isn't, but honestly he's just not that great of an offensive scoring option. I think he will fit the league a little better but he has absolutely no jump shot, I haven't seen him consistently show the ability to put the ball on the floor and go around college defenders, and his passing isn't as great as it is made out to be. He has the tools to be a great defender but he drags ass sometimes as a college freshman trying to be the 1st overall pick in the draft, how hard will he go once he gets that rookie deal? The potential is there, but he will never be Lebron. I'd think about taking Ingram first.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've started paying more attention to this class, I think I really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%