Congrats to Pujols for his 600th Homer

catman

Reaction score
Last night, Albert Pujols joined an exclusive club when he hit his 600th homer.  He was the 4th youngest to reach that milestone and the only one to do it with a grand slam.
Congrats, Albert.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Surprised there wasn't a bigger build up to this. Seems like nobody really cares

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont think people care as much because he looked like he may own the home run record and then he slowed down. this is still huge and he deserves to have a little more notoriety for it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Surprised there wasn't a bigger build up to this. Seems like nobody really cares
cause that franchise is a black hole

Same with trout recognition. Hes not nearly as celebrated as he should be

brett05

Reaction score
Mexi said:
cause that franchise is a black hole

Same with trout recognition. Hes not nearly as celebrated as he should be
This is 100% it.  West Coast really gets poor coverage outside of the West Coast.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
brett05 said:
This is 100% it.  West Coast really gets poor coverage outside of the West Coast.
This is very true. I've heard very little about any teams in the West divisions this season. The Dodgers and Astros have been getting some press but that's it

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
4th youngest, he still has a chance to hold the all-time record.  It's a slim chance, but still a chance.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
4th youngest, he still has a chance to hold the all-time record.  It's a slim chance, but still a chance.
He'd have to average 30 homers for five years thru his age 41 season and he's still be 21 homers short.  The chance is zero.  Guys like Trout and Bryant have better shots at it as things stand today.  That takes nothing away from Albert.  He's a special player still for me.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
So you're telling me the guy needs to average 35 HRs over the next five seasons, and that has a zero percent chance of happening? When literally over the past two seasons he's averaged 35.5 HRs?

I'm not saying he'll get it, but it's not zero

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
So you're telling me the guy needs to average 35 HRs over the next five seasons, and that has a zero percent chance of happening? When literally over the past two seasons he's averaged 35.5 HRs?

I'm not saying he'll get it, but it's not zero
*a statistic inflated by a 40 HR year in 2015

I'll give it 0.0000001%

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's on pace for 28 this year, and hit 31 last year. He's not terribly off, although I expect declining soon as well

I'd say 2% chance he breaks it. Again, highly unlikely but still not zero

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dave Roberts has a better chance of breaking the record

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
He'd have to average 30 homers for five years thru his age 41 season and he's still be 21 homers short.  The chance is zero.  Guys like Trout and Bryant have better shots at it as things stand today.  That takes nothing away from Albert.  He's a special player still for me.
He hit more than 30 homeruns last year.  Like I said, slim chance, but I'm not ruling it out.  Some guys have played until they were 45 too.  Clemens did, as did Pete Rose and Omar Vizquel.

Paulius

Reaction score
They all on roids who cares

#FultzToChi

brett05

Reaction score
Show me the guys that hit 30+ homers at that age for five years.

The number you will come up with is zero.

Some will make the erroneous case of Papi.  He was done and still says so.  His body was done.  He'd have been a scary shell of himself this year. 

Sorry Albert has no shot.  Albert himself would say that I would imagine

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
He hit more than 30 homeruns last year.  Like I said, slim chance, but I'm not ruling it out.  Some guys have played until they were 45 too.  Clemens did, as did Pete Rose and Omar Vizquel.
and none of those guys were power hitters.  bad examples

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The better question to ask is, if Albert was on HGH what percentage chance would he have of breaking the record? 

Congrats to him, shouldve stayed with the Cardinals though. He wouldve had a statue right next to Musials. Maybe still even now. 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Show me the guys that hit 30+ homers at that age for five years.

The number you will come up with is zero.

Some will make the erroneous case of Papi.  He was done and still says so.  His body was done.  He'd have been a scary shell of himself this year. 

Sorry Albert has no shot.  Albert himself would say that I would imagine

No he wouldn't have. The drop would not have been that bad at all over one season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%