Les Miles fired?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/780143021014736896

Not sure it anything is official.  He's a verified account, though.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looks like Ed Orgeron is taking over as the interim.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean, good luck finding someone who will recruit better players. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Louisiana/Texas area is a recruiting gold mine.  Most decent recruiters can reel kids in to play at a high profile program like LSU.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
The Louisiana/Texas area is a recruiting gold mine.  Most decent recruiters can reel kids in to play at a high profile program like LSU.
Or they could fall back as a program like Texas has done in that area. 

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I mean, good luck finding someone who will recruit better players. 
You could recruit 5 star players at LSU. In fact this will help with recruiting because maybe now anyone who commits to LSU won't regret it. So many guys have wasted their college careers under Les Miles.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Or they could fall back as a program like Texas has done in that area. 

Texas fell off because Mack Brown was an old fuck

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are emerging football programs in the area, acting like firing a coach who for whatever reason could consistently get great high school player to his program isn't going to change anything is foolish to me. 

If you can get someone like Tom Herman (unlikely), great, you made the right decision. If you make a small misstep in your hiring process, things fall apart quickly. I hope they have an actual plan in place, but I doubt they do considering how they've handled this Les Miles thing the last year. 

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
I get that Les was good at recruiting but he's not helping anything out anymore. He obviously can't recruit the most important position, QUARTERBACK. We constantly have top recruiting classes and we can't do anything with it. There's no more excuses. So many recruits (mainly on offense) have chosen to go to somewhere else, we had like 3 WRs transfer this past year. If I was a recruit I'd look at what they did to Fournette. He was a Heisman frontrunner and they derailed his career with that shitty offense and now he's nowhere near Heisman contention. If Les and Cam stayed we would be lucky to ever get a 5 star recruit on offense again.

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
Awful, knee-jerk reaction by LSU.
Knee jerk? Are you fucking serious? This man is responsible for us losing 21-0 in the National Championship game, losing to Alabama ever year since, losing another game or two every year to keep us out the playoffs, having an offense that absolutely fucking sucks despite having NFL players on it, having a 3 game losing streak last year that nearly got him fired and now he loses to another team that sucks, because he sucks at clock management. He won his championship off of the success Nick Saban left behind. We want to contend for another championship and Les Miles would never ever ever win another national championship.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the death of the toss lead plays.  That shit angers me for whatever reason.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Delirium said:
Knee jerk? Are you fucking serious? This man is responsible for us losing 21-0 in the National Championship game, losing to Alabama ever year since, losing another game or two every year to keep us out the playoffs, having an offense that absolutely fucking sucks despite having NFL players on it, having a 3 game losing streak last year that nearly got him fired and now he loses to another team that sucks, because he sucks at clock management. He won his championship off of the success Nick Saban left behind. We want to contend for another championship and Les Miles would never ever ever win another national championship.

114-34 record, 1 national championship, and 41 wins over ranked opponents. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Delirium said:
He would have gotten fired last year, but LSU brass decided instead to lock in his recruits and fire him mid-season. Instead of being free to choose to play for a coach they want to, they now have to transfer and sit out, with restrictions on top of it.  

Collegiate athletics at its finest. 

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:

114-34 record, 1 national championship, and 41 wins over ranked opponents. 
So he can't ever be fired? If he lost every game the rest of the year we have to give him a pass for what he did 9 years ago? He literally runs the same offense from 2007. And his best friend offensive coordinator was the guy the Ravens fired before they went to the Super Bowl. He sucks. You don't get it. We have one of the most talented teams in the country. That's why they can beat ranked opponents. Not because of Les Miles. But the standard is not going to the god damn Chick Fil A Bowl or the Outback Bowl, we're trying to make the playoffs. We're on a course to lose at least 2 or 3 more games this year. In a league where you only have a one game margin of error, Les Miles is not cutting it. He has a Ferrari every year and he continues to crash it in the ditch. He had his ultimatum last year, either he gets this team to the playoffs or he gets fired. Look at what Wisconsin is doing with 3 and 4 star recruits. Les Miles continues to lose to unranked teams every year, with 5 star recruits.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
Someone is clearly uninformed lol

Should have happened months ago

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:

nolafan33 said:
Someone is clearly uninformed lol

Should have happened months ago

I should add a little more to this as well.  I'll give one example, last night it was 3rd and 16, you know if you complete the pass and don't get out of bounds you have to get back up to the line immediately and get the next play snapped.  What does that mean?  You have to have two plays called, and in this situation after the third down LSU is confused and you can just tell not prepared.  That's coaching, and has been a problem for years and years and years.  Now you can probably say, "well that's the QB (which would be totally false, Etling seemed like the only aware one out there), or that's the OC."  I'd disagree with that, those guys weren't here 10 years ago.  Who's the constant?

I'd say this, you referenced all those records lately.  I don't think there is a single LSU fan that would diminish what Les did as the main guy of this program.  He was the lead guy on a lot of really good teams.  But eventually the clock ticks zero on every coach, and that's exactly what happened with Les here.  What he did 8 years ago has absolutely no bearing on what he's doing in 2016.

I'll give you some much more relevant numbers than the ones you posted earlier.  1-1, 5-3, 4-4, 5-3, 15-11.  That's LSU's conference record over the last three seasons (and 2 games this season).  5 straight losses to Bama, 2 losses to Arkansas, 1-2 vs Ole Miss in the last three years, I don't think anyone will forget that 41-7 Auburn loss from two seasons ago.  I mean the list goes on and on and on.  It was past time.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sounds like Harbaugh might try to get him on the staff somehow for the rest of the season. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%