Announcement: Rules

Posted by GMF1991

GMF1991

I've ridden in 1000s of Cadillacs

• Head Administrator
  • 33,366 posts
There are rules. Follow them, or you get warned. Continue to break them, and you get suspended. Continue to break them after suspension, and you will be banned. 

I don't know when it began, but at some point this idea sprung up that "hey, I've been a member here for a long time, I can do whatever I want". That shit's not going to fly anymore. We're not a dictatorship, we've probably unbanned more members in the past 24 months than we've banned. We hate doing it. But we also want better discussion and less baiting. Perhaps we let it go too far, perhaps we gave too long a leash. How many "chances" did Fuji get? 800?  If we have to start deleting posts, we will. If people don't listen to our warnings and keep doing it, we'll hand out suspensions. We're tired of it. 

And I'm not coming after any specific person, this is about everyone. A lot of people have been pushing buttons, multiple people actually daring admins or moderators to ban them when they're warned to stop doing something minor. 

It's really simple. There are rules. Don't follow them? You'll be warned, and those posts will get deleted. Keep on doing it after the warnings? You're going to get suspended. This staff is no longer going to be a doormat to all this bullshit. We're tired of it. If you're warned and you feel you shouldn't be, you can always PM an Administrator to discuss it. 

And again, these are minor things. I can't even believe that I have to make a post like this, but it's long overdue. We've seen too much of this over the last 3 months. Stop baiting members in to arguments, stop trolling. You get warned, you better listen. We're not trying to be mean, we're not trying to be power trippers, and we're not trying to ruin the fun. We let a lot of things slide, and we're going to continue to let those things slide. But personal attacks, going off subject in a topic, and baiting are not going to slide any more. 

You have a problem with this, you can PM me. 

Social Media

Site Info