2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

catman

Reaction score
Did anyone see Trevor Williams playing this well?  It appears that he came out of nowhere.  Even in the minors he never had a season like he had this year.  I'm not sold on him as an "ace", but he certainly has been an interesting story this year.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, I'll miss gibby.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
catman said:
Did anyone see Trevor Williams playing this well?  It appears that he came out of nowhere.  Even in the minors he never had a season like he had this year.  I'm not sold on him as an "ace", but he certainly has been an interesting story this year.
He had a couple good minor league seasons. I dont see him becoming an ace but he can be a reliable 3rd starter.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I kinda hope the Red Sox win the whole thing just to see .ptt's reaction.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I'll be happy obviously. If the bullpen has a hot run, that's perfect. Just means we put it all together at the right time.

Literally every writer has flagged the bullpen as the biggest issue. It's been exposed against the Yankees, Indians and Astros before. The bullpen is the only part of this team I have been negative on. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cubs Dodgers wild card or bust

Fuck the West. Colluding ass teams

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think the Red Sox may blow this one. Can't trust that bullpen.

catman

Reaction score
1000 career Ks for Jacob DeGrom.  Will he come back out for the 9th?  

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers beat the rockies 5/6 times in September

Rockies go to arizona and sweep that lifeless team.
Go home to the Phils and its embarrassing. 3 straight 10 run games vs the phillies. 6 wins in a row, theyll win tomorrow vs Philly and probably sweep washington too. Thats 10 straight man. Fuck

Meanwhile the dbacks alter their rotation to face the dodgers and play with a pep in their step. They fucking showed up alright. Pimping homers, million pitching changes, challenging plays. The dbacks manager literally called bud black and told him not to worry, theyre going to go all out vs the dodgers (cause they fucking rolled over for colorado)

And the giants also altered their rotation to have madbum and rodriguez(pudge's kid) face us lmfao

Fuck the nl west

Dodgers should do better but its just not in the cards. Fuck the wild card game, we're not beating the brewers man

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
catman said:
1000 career Ks for Jacob DeGrom.  Will he come back out for the 9th?  

Me and everyone else in the stadium were PISSED he didn't come back out. We saw Bruce getting ready to pinch hit and started chanting "We Want David", which then turned in to 'We Want Jake" which ended up becoming "Fire Mickey", hahah. 

Still glad I got to see him once and it was probably his best start of the season. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:

Go home to the Phils and its embarrassing. 3 straight 10 run games vs the phillies. 6 wins in a row, theyll win tomorrow vs Philly and probably sweep washington too. Thats 10 straight man. Fuck

Meanwhile the dbacks alter their rotation to face the dodgers and play with a pep in their step. They fucking showed up alright. Pimping homers, million pitching changes, challenging plays. The dbacks manager literally called bud black and told him not to worry, theyre going to go all out vs the dodgers (cause they fucking rolled over for colorado)

And the giants also altered their rotation to have madbum and rodriguez(pudge's kid) face us lmfao

Fuck the nl west

Dodgers should do better but its just not in the cards. Fuck the wild card game, we're not beating the brewers man

That is kinda fucked up but I feel like a lot of people are rooting against you guys and pulling for the Rockies. I sort of am too tbh. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:

Fuck the nl west

You could be in a worse spot. You could have the best record in the league

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:

That is kinda fucked up but I feel like a lot of people are rooting against you guys and pulling for the Rockies. I sort of am too tbh. 
it's fair. I don't even hate the Rockies

Its the stupid dbacks and Giants colluding

They're so salty they have no future and this was kind of a bridge year

No more lux tax to worry about this offseason

And a better farm than the entire division sans the Padres, but they're still years away

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
You could be in a worse spot. You could have the best record in the league
since May something we do

Not having Turner in April killed us. Also kenley not doing spring training killed us cause he was terrible in April which was his de facto spring training

It's why I believe in hot starts. They can really stabilize you for a while

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't really wanna watch Rockies playoff games so I'm rooting for y'all. That Colorado team does nothing for me.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're lucky dude. Look at their run differential and their pitchers and even lineup

They really aren't special. Just running over teams who arent trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%