Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The team with the unlimited payroll has a bright future. Shocking development 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
brett05 said:
You mean the team that two years from now have no quality pitching outside of perhaps Hendricks?
Funny, I remember reading the same thing two years ago

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It just bugs me that tebow isn't going 100% on this
Hes gonna take time off during instuctionals to do his tv work

And its no secret the minor leaguers dont like him.
They should intentionally walk him every time to send a message

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Or they should just pitch him as normal and watch him hit under the Mendoza line, while striking out at an outrageous rate.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Give him the 1.000 obp
Have him be frustrated and quit
Or have the mets promote him and watch mlb pitchers k him

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Id rather he give a shit and not take time off to do tv
Just confirms its a publicity stunt

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Mexi said:
He's selling autographed baseballs for $125 and bats for $175 on his website

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:

You must not know Tebow well if you didn't know this was a publicity stunt right from the beginning

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should have been obvious after he chose to go to the Jets over the Jaguars, when the Jags probably would have started him. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
You must not know Tebow well if you didn't know this was a publicity stunt right from the beginning
i dont like him, never have

Just wish if hes actually going to waste our time, at least do it right

No shame tho i guess

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
He's selling autographed baseballs for $125 and bats for $175 on his website
who the heck buys this lol

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Im so indifferent about this signing. A year from now we will reminisce and forget that he signed and played like 6-7 months of minor league ball. 

brett05

Reaction score
Mexi said:
love seeing non LA guys feel this way

I will add, the Dodgers are currently re-building and are still on pace to win a 4th straight division (2 since the rebuild started)
Wait, there is a great GM that is lauded everywhere that says you can't do both.  Wonder how LA is doing that? 

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Funny, I remember reading the same thing two years ago
And we are now two years closer to a big problem for the franchise.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
brett05 said:
And we are now two years closer to a big problem for the franchise.
They'll be fine lol. Chris Sale already has his bags backed waiting for the offseason to roll around, maybe he can just take an Uber over to the North side

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
They'll be fine lol. Chris Sale already has his bags backed waiting for the offseason to roll around, maybe he can just take an Uber over to the North side
The Cubs don't have enough to get a Chris Sale unless they get serious about parting with active 25 guys.

Realistically the White Sox aren't going to trade any of their top four pitchers (Sale, Q, Gonzales, Rodon).  They may part with Fulmer, but that is also unlikely.  They need to improve in CF which I would not be surprised if that is Fowler.  That and at catcher will be all that the team will look at and realistically need to address in the off season.

The Cubs will more than likely be ok when they are ready to package several of their hitters for a young controlled pitcher or two.  If they do not, well, that window is going to close pretty quick. 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
brett05 said:
The Cubs don't have enough to get a Chris Sale unless they get serious about parting with active 25 guys.

Realistically the White Sox aren't going to trade any of their top four pitchers (Sale, Q, Gonzales, Rodon).  They may part with Fulmer, but that is also unlikely.  They need to improve in CF which I would not be surprised if that is Fowler.  That and at catcher will be all that the team will look at and realistically need to address in the off season.

The Cubs will more than likely be ok when they are ready to package several of their hitters for a young controlled pitcher or two.  If they do not, well, that window is going to close pretty quick. 
I think the Sox will trade either Sale or Q this offseason. With the way the FA market is looking, their value will probably never be higher. The relationship between Sale and the organization has gone downhill this season and they could get a heck of a return for a top 5 pitcher in this market. Would be able to get a few young guys (from the Dodgers, Red Sox, Rangers, Cubs) who could be starters and make a big impact next year.

As for the Cubs, I think they will be fine moving forward. They still have a lot of young talent in their farm to trade, and some of their pitching prospects have progressed a bit this season. This was a major concern in 2013/2014 when the plan was in place and they managed to piece together the best rotation in baseball. After next year things look cloudy, but the assets are there to make replace any piece that may be leaving. 

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I think the Sox will trade either Sale or Q this offseason. With the way the FA market is looking, their value will probably never be higher. The relationship between Sale and the organization has gone downhill this season and they could get a heck of a return for a top 5 pitcher in this market. Would be able to get a few young guys (from the Dodgers, Red Sox, Rangers, Cubs) who could be starters and make a big impact next year.

As for the Cubs, I think they will be fine moving forward. They still have a lot of young talent in their farm to trade, and some of their pitching prospects have progressed a bit this season. This was a major concern in 2013/2014 when the plan was in place and they managed to piece together the best rotation in baseball. After next year things look cloudy, but the assets are there to make replace any piece that may be leaving. 
The weakness of the Sale/Sox relationship is serverly overblown by folks that hate the White Sox and/or want Sale on the cheap.  Won't be happening.  No one will give what it would take or have what it would take.  The Cubs have no pitching to offer so they are out.  The Red Sox or Dodgers or perhaps the Yankees could make an offer, but I doubt they are willing to pay.  The value for Sale and Q is always high.  Not likely to change either. 

The Cubs still have some pieces for sure in the minors, but not at the level to land the quality TOR guys like Sale, Q, Fernandez, etc.  They'd have to include guys from the 25 which they aren't likely to be doing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%