2012 NFL Mock Draft, Version 1.0

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not even two months past the 2011 NFL Draft, and there very well might not even be a 2012 Draft. But that doesn't stop the demand for an early look at what it might look like.

I included several prominent underclassmen with no regard for whether they might declare early or not. The draft order is based on my pre-free agency power poll. As a side note, any power poll that does not have Green Bay at #1 is concocted by ignoramuses. Note that this draft order is technically impossible due to playoff seeding, but it's a mock draft for an event 10 months away, just go with it.

Something to think about:

Seven of the teams I have slotted in the top 10 have used a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on a QB in the last three drafts. Both Miami and Carolina have used two. That makes selecting another QB so high a very difficult sell to GMs, owners, and fans. Now consider that at this point in their collegiate careers, I rate Andrew Luck, Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, Ryan Lindley, and Kirk Cousins all as better NFL prospects than Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, or Blaine Gabbert before last season began, and they all went in the top 12. Either a lot of teams are going to double-dip or the QBs are going to fall in the 2012 draft. Expect the former, though this mock doesn't necessarily reflect that.

1. Denver Broncos: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford. Even though this is Team Tebow, they cannot pass on the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

2. Tennessee Titans: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina. Strongly resembles a young Demarcus Ware, though he needs some polish.

3. Washington Redskins: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma. The falloff from Sam Bradford has not been much, and Jones can make all the throws.

4. Carolina Panthers: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State. More accomplished than Julio Jones at the same point and plays a similar game.

5. Buffalo Bills: Matt Barkley, QB, USC. Consummate field general with a great arm and the charisma to lead a team.

6. Minnesota Vikings: Nate Potter, T, Boise State. A little light, but very smart and strong in the D'Brickashaw Ferguson mold.

7. San Francisco 49ers: Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska. Less heralded than former CB mate Prince Amukamara, but Dennard is a better playmaker.

8. Cleveland Browns: Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State. I see a monster 2011 season vaulting his stock as an elite pass rushing prospect.

9. Arizona Cardinals: Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State. Has all the physical tools but the mental maturity must catch up.

10. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State. Strong-armed big boy reminds me of Joe Flacco.

11. Seattle Seahawks: Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
12. Cincinnati Bengals: Jonathan Martin, T, Stanford
13. Dallas Cowboys: Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
14. Houston Texans: Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
15. Oakland Raiders: Donte Paige-Moss, DE, North Carolina
16. St. Louis Rams: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Riley Reiff, T, Iowa
19. Detroit Lions: Manti Teo, LB, Notre Dame
20. Kansas City Chiefs: Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee
21. New York Giants: Andrew Datko, T, Florida State
22. Chicago Bears: Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
23. Baltimore Ravens: Vinny Curry, DE/LB, Marshall
24. New Orleans Saints: Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
25. Cleveland Browns (from ATL): Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
26. New York Jets: Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas
27. Philadelphia Eagles: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
28. San Diego Chargers: Kenny Tate, S, Maryland
29. Indianapolis Colts: Donta Hightower, LB, Alabama
30. New Orleans Saints (from NE): Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Nico Johnson, LB, Alabama
32. Green Bay Packers: Matt Reynolds, T, BYU

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Nice shit.

Gabbert to Jeffrey.

BOSS STATUS.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Lol we have NOLAs pick, not the other way around

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Would be my dream to watch the Jets draft another fucking d-lineman :rolleyes:

Mooche

Reaction score
Hightower would be nice to the Colts.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No Matt Kalil? No Travis Lewis? Knile Davis? Jared Crick?

There's also no way Jeffery falls out of the top 10. He's a better prospect than Blackmon at this point.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't pay much attention to this anyways... Nobody has any idea what will happen next year.. We may get the first overall pick or win the Super Bowl.. Who knows..

;)

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Manti Teo would be nice. And 19th pick :eek: MOVING ON UP TO THE EAST SIDE lol

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
LOL at this mock. Like Hurricane said where Jefferey is, is hilarious.

Mooche

Reaction score
Jefferey, like said, is the better prospect over Blackmon. He's going to be a stud number one WR in the NFL for many years if he can stay healthy and keep playing at this kind of level.

Matt Kalil not being on there like Hurricane said is also a joke. He has a damn bright future. Remember why Tyron Smith was playing RT mainly, it was because Kalil was playing out at LT and was playing damn well.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some of you guys might not like Walter (kam), but he has his 2012 mock out and it's a pretty good look at the prospects since we all know so much will change from today until the draft.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

Mooche

Reaction score
Some of you guys might not like Walter (kam), but he has his 2012 mock out and it's a pretty good look at the prospects since we all know so much will change from today until the draft.

Thanks Yanks. At a very quick glance, Walter's mock appears to be much better than this one posted.

Things do change obviously to the time of the draft, but it's still interesting to read early reports and analysis.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score

Walter is garbage.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
We don't have a RT? I haven't given up on Andre Smith yet, as long as he can stay in shape I think he will be fine.

rivers17ncsu

Reaction score
Jefferey, like said, is the better prospect over Blackmon. He's going to be a stud number one WR in the NFL for many years if he can stay healthy and keep playing at this kind of level.

Matt Kalil not being on there like Hurricane said is also a joke. He has a damn bright future. Remember why Tyron Smith was playing RT mainly, it was because Kalil was playing out at LT and was playing damn well.

Solid draft there. Though I would not want to pass up on Crick if he is there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%