Report: Redskins front-runners for V. Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
The South Florida South-Sentinel "hears" that the Redskins are the front-runners for Vince Young's services this offseason.
Redskins beat writer Rich Tandler has also heard talk of Vince Young in the nation's capital, so the smoke is building here. Due a $4.25 million bonus in addition to his $8.5 million salary, Young is likely to be released rather than traded. The Redskins are one of just two teams with no semblance of a viable starting QB. It's easy to see why V.Y. would be interested in signing on, as it's his quickest path to playing time.
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel
May 6, 1:06 PM
I'm cringing at this possible thought for the Redskins.. I wish Vince the best of luck if he heads there, but man, he is the guy who is going to change things over night for your team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Are there actually other teams in the running? :unsure:

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I don't know if he would get playing time so quickly. I mean, they do have Rex Grossman.

On a serious note, I do wish the best for Vince. If this would turn out to be the best position for him to succeed, more power to him.

Mooche

Reaction score
Are there actually other teams in the running? :unsure:
My first question..

I mean, some teams with the rookie quarterbacks may want to pair a guy in front of him, but I just don't know. Man has Vince really fallen.. SMH

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After that McNabb experiment, why would you even want Young?

Mooche

Reaction score
After that McNabb experiment, why would you even want Young?
It's clear they don't want to develop a QB. They may have wanted Locker as their guy in the Draft, but they had no urgency to select Gabbert and struck a deal with the Jags as a result.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually think this could work out...

Unpopular opinion I guess

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I call bullshit.

Even if it does happen, it wouldn't be a terrible move (depending on the money, of course). John Beck is our projected starter for fucks sake.

I would rather go with Beck though. I want us to have the best shot at getting Luck.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I call bullshit.

Even if it does happen, it wouldn't be a terrible move (depending on the money, of course). John Beck is our projected starter for fucks sake.

I would rather go with Beck though. I want us to have the best shot at getting Luck.
Can't Luck still go back for another season after the upcoming one?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't Luck still go back for another season after the upcoming one?
Yes he can but he wants to get his degree in architecture and he will get that this year. So there would be no point after this year.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could see him in Washington...hope he can get his head on straight.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The Redskins are seriously one of the most poorly run organizations in the NFL. Its like a 10 year old is in that front office making decisions. They did strike gold with Brian Orakpo though, ill give them that.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Vince Young Not Headed To D.C.?

Pro Football Weekly - Rumors persist that Vince Young could be headed to the Redskins, but a team source hasn't heard such a plan.

"News to me," the source said, neither ruling out adding Young nor giving it much credence.

Young is still under contract in Tennessee, but the Titans have said that they will attempt to trade or release him when moves are allowed once the lockout is lifted.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Redskins are seriously one of the most poorly run organizations in the NFL. Its like a 10 year old is in that front office making decisions. They did strike gold with Brian Orakpo though, ill give them that.
Brian Orakpo was one hell of a pick, and he's going to be a great player for the Redskins moving forward.

Their drafting has been pretty lackluster. Even dating back to a few years ago with selecting Devin Thomas, who just completely burnt out, and busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%