Official Wrestling Talk Thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
According to DirtySheets.Net, WWE is ending the Rusev Day gimmick despite good merchandise sales because Rusevs WWE contract is set to expire in April 2019 and both parties (WWE & Rusev) arent interested in signing a new deal.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:
Smackdown Live will be on a new network soon as NBC only wants to keep/bid on Raw. It said Fox is in the lead for getting Smackdown
thats stupid. they need to get them both on fox

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh god. just more shitty road dogg writing

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Gotta say, I feel like theres a LOT of teams that come up from NXT and fail pretty quickly in WWE. Seems like Vince much prefers the teams of random singles guys thrown together haha

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Gotta say, I feel like theres a LOT of teams that come up from NXT and fail pretty quickly in WWE. Seems like Vince much prefers the teams of random singles guys thrown together haha
thats what it is too. he doesnt like when teams have chemistry

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Randy Orton Undergoes Knee Surgery

“The Viper” Randy Orton will be out of action on SmackDown Live until further notice due to recent surgery on his knee.

According to WWE.com, Orton went under the knife to repair a medial meniscus tear in his left knee and the procedure was completed successfully.
The 38-year-old was quoted as saying, “I’ve known I needed the surgery since late last year, but I’ve been waiting for the right time to get my knee cleaned out. Right now was the right time.”
According to basic internet research, recovery time can be up to 3 months.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

According to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Stephanie McMahon may cost Ronda Rousey her match against Nia Jax at Money In The Bank, thereby causing Nia to turn heel via joining forces with Stephanie McMahon.

Meltzer also notes that this is another bid made by WWE to establish Rousey as an anti-authority figure, similar to Stone Cold Steve Austin in the 90's.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But it could actually work with Rhonda since she made a name for herself without the WWE

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Smackdown Could Be Headed To Fox, Facebook, or Amazon

“Frontrunning contenders for “SmackDown” rights include Fox, Facebook and Amazon.” – Variety
Smackdown Live! is likely to have a new home when WWE and USA’s current agreement expires later this year.
Currently, Fox is the leading candidate to land Shane McMahon’s brand but there are other suitors out there. A recent article from Variety spoke to senior analyst for Wells Fargo, Eric Katz about how Smackdown will do on the open market.

“We think ‘SmackDown’ is due for a big raise as well, and likely still viewed as a bargain for several players reportedly interested,” Katz said.
The Variety article also included analysis from a Guggenheim report on WWE’s current television renewals situation.
“The company sits in a much stronger financial and negotiating position now than in 2014 (having just launched the WWE Network while PPV was winding down),” the report reads. “We believe that WWE stands to make significant headway during its coming television contract negotiations due to an enhanced brand, new [business-to-business] relationships, more potential bidders than ever, and a contract that under-indexes other live premium programming.”

Smackdown to Fox, Facebook, or Amazon?
Fox recently sold off the majority of their assets to pave the way for a switch to increased live programming. Facebook and Amazon are also interested suitors, however. The addition of streaming services and social media sites in the bidding has put the WWE in a greater place of leverage than ever before.
WWE previously partnered with Facebook Live for the Mixed Match Challenge. 35 million engagements were reported for the first episode of the tournament. WWE was said to be unhappy with the overall viewership of the Mixed Match Challenge, however. The tournament was eventually won by the Miz and Asuka.

Smackdown live on Amazon baybayyyyy

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well they'd lose one viewer if they go to a streaming service i dont have

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and im not watching on facebook lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%