jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
those are assets, right?
Is it an asset if every team has multiples or are easily replaceable?

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
lol @ Marcus Smart having no value. At one point that was the verdict on Avery Bradley and now look at him being 1st team all defense. Please remember Smart is still 22 and still has room to improve. Smart is a very inconsistent and streaky shooter - but you know what trait he has that a lot of people don't have? He isn't scared to shoot. It's easy to teach someone who to shoot the ball much better than playing defense and Smart is tremendous defender (Look @ what he did while on Milsap for example)

I guess everyone is so worried about the 3 ball nowadays..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Smart isn't a streaky or inconsistent shooter, he's a bad shooter

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
As a Celtics fan who has watched a ton of Smart and a guy like Rondo, Rondo is a bad shooter.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He shot 29% in his first year in college, 30% the second year, 33% his first year in the pros, and 25% last year. You can cherry pick whatever numbers you want, but he has been consistently bad at shooting.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Well look at that --- his 3pt percentage has pretty much increased each year (aside from last season) -- I wonder why his numbers have gotten better!?!?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They increased marginally, and then they didn't. Shocking turn of events really

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AiRuPtHeRe said:
lol @ Marcus Smart having no value. At one point that was the verdict on Avery Bradley and now look at him being 1st team all defense. Please remember Smart is still 22 and still has room to improve. Smart is a very inconsistent and streaky shooter - but you know what trait he has that a lot of people don't have? He isn't scared to shoot. It's easy to teach someone who to shoot the ball much better than playing defense and Smart is tremendous defender (Look @ what he did while on Milsap for example)

I guess everyone is so worried about the 3 ball nowadays..
You said it yourself, look at Bradley now. Right now Smart has no value. Nobody is moving anything that could be considered an asset for him. 3 years from now? Could be different. But right now the depth at guard in the NBA is so deep, it severely drives down the value of guys like Smart.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
You said it yourself, look at Bradley now. Right now Smart has no value. Nobody is moving anything that could be considered an asset for him. 3 years from now? Could be different. But right now the depth at guard in the NBA is so deep, it severely drives down the value of guys like Smart.

A 22 year old defensive stud still on a rookie contract that's improving every year has no value? Mkayyyy. Smart would be the 1st/2nd guy off the bench for every single NBA team right now.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What's the difference between being inconsistent and being a bad shooter? Isn't that what defines a bad shooter?

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
It is what it is though. People will continue saying Cetics this Celtics that but no one expected Boston to do as well as they did this year. People just look at the individual player stats and say whatever they gotta say without really watching how well this team geld together and had a top 10 defense while bottom dwellers like the Pelicans continue to dwell at the bottom. :)

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
meh the city of cleveland is still a bottom dweller in general.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And I don't see how this some attack on the Celtics. They have a good team, I don't know who is disputing this. I can think the Celtics are good while also thinking Marcus Smart is not a good shooter, but acknowledge that he is very good defensively. I can also think Danny Ainge and the Celtic fan base dramatically overrate the value of their "assets", while still believing that have a good team. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
What's the difference between being inconsistent and being a bad shooter? Isn't that what defines a bad shooter?
Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%