• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Teagz

Teagz

Alleged Legend

• 14,926 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Other than money, I don't see why you would jump to a 2nd tier SEC school when you've already got a premier job at a prestigious school where you've already won a national title. 

#22 OFFLINE   Coach

Coach

NCAA Recruit

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:36 AM

Other than money, I don't see why you would jump to a 2nd tier SEC school when you've already got a premier job at a prestigious school where you've already won a national title. 

Texas A&M is hardly a 2nd tier school. It's one of the 15-20 best jobs in the country. Right now, I'd say it's the 4th best job in the SEC behind Bama/Auburn/LSU. Maybe you view Florida St as a top 10 program, and maybe it is.  Maybe they haven't had the recent success, but the TAMU program has a strong history and you would be hard-pressed to find a more dedicated fan base. The facilities are better than most IMO, and the atmosphere in College Station is certainly unique.

Sometimes change is a good thing for coaches. It can become stale at a program, and a fresh new start is welcomed. Maybe that's what he wanted. It's a fresh set of expectations and a clean slate to work from. He's done it one place, now he gets the new challenge of doing it again at another. 

~God First~Others Second~Self Last~

Twitter: @mjharvey12

#23 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

SportZ Insomnia

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

Jimbo's wife (now ex) literally fucked everyone with a cock in Tallahassee. I'd want to GTFO too. But nobody turns down a guaranteed contract of 10 years at $7.5M per.

I'm also baffled by the Herm Edwards signing. Hiring Herm is weird but hiring Herm and keeping everyone from Todd Graham's staff is batshit crazy. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 7 user(s)

Hurricane Season, Teagz, AE., AiRuPtHeRe™, BrewCrewFan, Coach, elcheato

Social Media

Site Info