2016 NBA Draft Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
^^ I'm not gonna lie, I kinda like the Rondo comparison

Rondo had some crazy games in Boston with the Big 3. That Game 2 vs Miami might be one of my favorite games that I've seen, because Rondo took over so well. But there were/are times where he'd just check out so hard defensively, and try to hard on offense for something splashy, rather than something easy.

Obviously its not the same, because one is ten inches taller, but they will both be considered long, lanky players at their respective positions. Neither has a good jump shot (Rondo's main criticism was the lack of jumper, and it just didnt improve. Maybe Simmons can), both are very willing passers, and solid rebounders (for their positions). And I bet if Rondo wasn't so short, he would attack the hoop more often. Rondo's always been pretty good at finishing at the rim.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's actually a fair cross position comparison. I think Ben is going to have a long good career, but he will never live up to the hype. He's lacking some things you absolutely have to have in today's league.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Really seems like scouts are starting to sour on Simmons. I'll tell you what, I'm a real big LSU fan and everyone including myself thought he would be a great get for them to start building something better, turned out to be the exact opposite.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
What's weird is that Ingram really hasn't been playing all that well lately to steal the #1 spot. I would imagine his 2P% in the past month or so has been terrible.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wait
Theres a dude named dragan bender?

:eek:

Holy sh*t

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
What's weird is that Ingram really hasn't been playing all that well lately to steal the #1 spot. I would imagine his 2P% in the past month or so has been terrible.
It's crazy that I hear some people who say Ben is the "no brainier" at #1. Anyone who says that is just to lazy to participate in the discussion or just that misinformed.

JJ94

Reaction score
Where do you guys expect Brice Johnson to go? late 1st/2nd?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm surprised his draft stock hasn't risen more given how he's played. There's still concerns with him though: he can't handle the ball and he's not a very good defender. But it's hard to teach that athleticism for a big guy and he's also got a pretty good jumper so there's value there.

JJ94

Reaction score
Guess a lot will depend on how he plays in the tournament. 

Comes across as a cool guy from the video content they put up on the YT channel.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/yWiB2gc8zxs

This entire video of one game is a perfect microcosm of the prospect that is Ben Simmons

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some team is going to really benefit from Brandon Ingrams ability to help off his defender and then recover because of his length

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Some team is going to really benefit from Brandon Ingrams ability to help off his defender and then recover because of his length
He obviously has that length, but a lot of times he's really lackadaisical in closing out on shooters. But he's young, so hopefully he'll learn.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah that guy with the funny last name at Duke doesn't know what he's doing.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess the question is how much better can a guy get in just one season in college?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's leaps and bounds better than he was in November.

Watch highlights from our games vs Kentucky and Georgetown. He was hardly playable. Almost unrecognizable to where he is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%