2012 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm saying this, shoulda kept the locks.
Nah, its literally becoming a thing for the crybaby fans to bitch about..

"He cares more about his hair than he does winning" .. blah blah blah.. I hear it all. Glad he cut it..

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
http://lockerz.com/s/202094531

lol female panties droppin errywhur

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bears signed OG Chilo Rachal (former 2nd round pick) from the 49ers. He graded out as one of the best run blocking guards in the game two season ago, so maybe Tice can get him rolling again.

Bears also had Rocky McIntosh in for a visit today, would be a nice addition to the LB core. He could compete with Roach for the SLB spot and let the Bears look somewhere other than LB in the middle rounds.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Bears signed OG Chilo Rachal (former 2nd round pick) from the 49ers. He graded out as one of the best run blocking guards in the game two season ago, so maybe Tice can get him rolling again.

Bears also had Rocky McIntosh in for a visit today, would be a nice addition to the LB core. He could compete with Roach for the SLB spot and let the Bears look somewhere other than LB in the middle rounds.
lol Mike Tice.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bears signed Geno Hayes.

I'm liking the pickup. He can challenge Roach at SLB and is only 24 years old.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
The latest on Jerome Simpson + Vikings. Wildcard right now is league discipline for Simpson, which is "under review"

Make no mistake, Jerome Simpson’s weekend visit with the Vikings in the Twin Cities went incredibly well. The talented wide receiver liked what he heard about his chances to flourish in a significant role here. The Vikings, meanwhile, felt more and more comfortable as they got to know Simpson better.

So now what’s next for the free agent receiver and the rebuilding team in need of more playmakers for the passing game? A thing or two may develop Monday with Simpson and the Vikings both trying to determine if they can have a productive future together.

Last year in Cincinnati, Simpson showed flashes of his potential. He had 50 catches for 725 yards and four touchdowns, including this gymnastic-style score against Arizona on Christmas Eve.

Simpson’s best game was an eight-catch, 152-yard outburst in a 31-24 loss at Baltimore in November.

As for the risk and potential baggage of signing Simpson? At present, one major wild card in the whole situation is the NFL’s indefinite timetable for issuing a disciplinary punishment to Simpson for his recent legal troubles. Last fall, the talented receiver found himself in hot water after a package being sent from California to his home in Kentucky was intercepted and found to contain 2.5 of marijuana.

Simpson was originally indicted on a felony trafficking charge. But in a plea agreement last month, he plead to a lesser felony of being involved in a prohibited act relating to controlled substances. He was sentenced to 15 days in jail plus three years of probation, given some lenience from the sentencing judge who could have issued four times as much jail time.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Simpson’s situation remains “under review” by the league, which could issue a suspension for the receiver’s violations of the Personal Conduct Policy. The severity of the punishment, obviously, is something the Vikings would like to know more about. And certainly knowing a timetable for that ruling would be helpful.

But as general manager Rick Spielman and his staff have done their due diligence in researching Simpson’s background and character in recent weeks, they have heard glowing reviews from those around the receiver.

Marvin Lewis, Simpson’s head coach with the Bengals, wrote a letter to the sentencing judge on the receiver’s behalf earlier this spring. Others have spoke in glowing terms of Simpson’s laidback and caring nature and the abundance of charitable work he has been involved with during his NFL career.

Those are things that will help the Vikings measure the ultimate risk of uniting with Simpson. From a talent standpoint, he certainly fits the mold for the kind of rebuilding pieces Spielman is attempting to acquire. Simpson is young, has plenty of potential and now finds himself in a situation where he is hungry to prove himself. Stay tuned.

HELL YES

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Vikes must have one of the worst scouting directors in the NFL it seems...

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Our best WR of all time had a similar story but he was an alcoholic.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Giants just signed DT Shaun Rodgers

that probably takes out all chances of them drafting DT Kendall Reyes in Round 1, even though I doubt they would have in the 1st place

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Draft plans don't change because you sign an overweight veteran DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%