DeMarcus Cousins had angry words for Kings announcer

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DeMarcus Cousins needs to develop a thicker skin. Soon.

The Kings picked up one of their better wins of the year Tuesday, dominating the fourth quarter to knock off the Clippers. In a season filled with losses on the court and bigger concerns off it, this was the kind of game the Kings and their fans could use.

How did Cousin’s celebrate? By going over and using a few choice words to Kings play-by-play television guy (and Sacramento area radio host) Grant Napear. Because Napear had dared to be critical of Cousins on his radio show a good amount lately, according to Sactown Royalty .

The Sacramento Bee has a good account of what went down.

Cousins had some choice words for Kings TV play-by-play man Grant Napear as he left the court while the telecast was still live.

When asked if he wanted to comment on it, Cousins laughed.

“No,” Cousins said. “It’ll give him something to talk about tomorrow. Tune in.”

The buzz on twitter from people at the game was that it was more like a few choice curse words mixed in with a suggestion for what Napear should talk about.

To his credit, Napear took the high road on twitter.

For those of you asking ..DMC said hey Grant you'll have something good to talk about on your show tomorrow! I said thanks for listening—
Grant Napear (@GrantNapearshow) March 20, 2013

Not going to make a mountain out of a mole hill with Cousins tonight. I wasn't bothered by it. I'm just glad he listens to my show! I hope..—
Grant Napear (@GrantNapearshow) March 20, 2013

I hate to sound all parental but…

Cousins needs to grow up — you’re in the public spotlight, people are going to say things about you that you don’t like. That you think are wrong or unfair. It needs to roll off you like water off a duck’s back. Stop elbowing guys in the head or shoving guys in the face or going after announcers.

Going through life taking offense at or worrying about what people say about you is going to make it a miserable experience. He’s paid well, and soon will get paid a lot more, to play basketball. To get the perks of an NBA lifestyle. Stop being concerned about what everybody else thinks about you, take care of yourself and your game. Then the rest of it will take care of itself.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What is Cousins doing listening to his show in the first place?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
his people probably listen, not him.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cous really needs to get his shit together...

It was entertaining for a while, its old now..

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
He really does, but at the same time he does get picked on. He really does, especially with some of the fouls he gets called for, his last ejection, etc. People can say all they want criticizing him, but he's the only relevant thing in Sacramento these days. They have some other nice players like Jason Thompson (VERY underrated), Tyreke, Thornton, and maybe little Isaiah, but they have had two consecutive bad jokes for head coaches and their management gave up on Thomas Robinson before the egg had completely hatched. They're a joke. A damn joke.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes the new rasheed and until he stops acting a fool hes going to have a target on his back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%