• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yao retired, that's why.
And what if the Colts land the number one pick, and despite Peytons word, pick Luck. And because of that, Peyton retires in frustration.

You never know what can happen in the future. So you go from what happens now, and right now, he isnt playing

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I can personally guarantee with 100% confidence that that's not going to happen.

Peyton Mannning is still a player in the NFL and a damn good one. He's the third best QB in the NFL and is eligible to be picked in this poll, so he should be the #3 QB.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yep, I could careless what Peyton did in the past. Right NOW Drew is the better QB because he is actually on the field playing. Can you honestly say that you would rather have a injured Peyton Manning instead of a healthy Drew Brees?

And don't say the injury shouldn't effect the vote because it absolutely should. Where would Jamaal Charles be ranked amongst RB's? I can guarantee he wouldn't be ranked where he should be because he is injured.

Can you say who's better anyway?

1913-2877 / 66.5% / 21,639 yards / 155 TD's / 68 INT's / 96.9 QB rating
24-36 / 66.7% / 271 yards / 1.9 TD's / 0.9 INT's / 96.1 QB rating

2319-3435 / 67.5% / 26,244 yards / 178 TD's / 90 INT's / 96.5 QB rating
26-39 / 66.7% / 295 yards / 2 TD's / 1 INT / 95.7 QB rating

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Were not debating best QB this season. We're debating best QB in the NFL up to this point. Just because he is injured doesn't mean he's still not among the best in the NFL. If we were discussing best performing qb for this year he wouldn't be in the poll.

So take that into consideration.

And when we do the poll for Charles, I hope people consider him among the top RBs in the NFL. But thats going to be tough because he's only had 2 full years, and other RBs like Forte and McCoy have really improved this year and will make a case for Top 5, definitely Top 10. Thats not the case with the QBs. Not a lot of QBs have made huge strides and improved greatly from last year, to be considered a top 5 QB.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Or for the future polls I can simply say "Hypothetically if nobody was injured, Who is the #4 QB in the NFL?"

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Manning was healthy and playing, honestly he'd probably be #2 or #3 easily.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
And its some people's opinion that despite his injury, he is still, in their minds, a top 3 or 4 QB in the league. Just accept that and move on.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And its some people's opinion that despite his injury, he is still, in their minds, a top 3 or 4 QB in the league. Just accept that and move on.
Lol I have moved on, just saying this poll is stupid.

It takes the past into consideration, when we all know the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

With Peyton in this poll you add a "guessing" aspect to the poll, which completely defeats the purpose of this poll.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
then don't partake in the poll.

Honestly, before I did the poll I was in the same boat as you nola. So I asked some friends to tell me their Top 5 QBs as of right now, and every one (5 of them) Put Peyton either 4th or 5th on the list. So I put him in. Because he may be injured, but they all believed he was still more talented than others who would fall in the 6-10 range. Being "best" doesnt necessarily mean you are the best performer. It could be a judgement of talent. people do these to gauge how people feel others have improved or gotten worse. We all agree Rodgers has gotten better, because he's now at the top of the list. But a lot of these people feel Peyton still has the talent to be in the top 5. That doesnt make it a "stupid" poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%