Top 5 Defensive Players

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
1. Nnamdi- Controls an entire half of the field. You simply cannot throw at him.
2. Revis- Great blanket corner who is right on Nnamdi's heels
3. Ware- The best pass rusher in the game. OLB in a 3-4 is nearly as important as the cornerback position. You either need them to be great pass rushers or great tacklers against the run. Ware is both. He controls his side of the field and does not miss tackles
4. Polumalu- Does this need to be explained?
5. Patrick Willis- You replace him. Not gonna happen.

I can't believe Herm had fucking Jared Allen in his list...

Honorable mentions:
Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Vince Wilfork, London Fletcher, Elvis Dumervil, James Harrison, Kevin Williams, Chad Greenway

Few names being forgotten, but I'm not going to think on it too much.
Revis > Scrabble

Mooche

Reaction score
Jared Allen is one of the most overrated players in the NFL..

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Not really, he has the most sacks of anybody since he entered the NFL.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Not really, he has the most sacks of anybody since he entered the NFL.
No, I think Ware overtook him in the last year or two. And he shoots upfield on every play, disregarding run defense. Half of the time, he takes himself out of the play.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
THIS

Patrick Willis is top 5 no matter what IMO at least

And you gotta have Polamalu or its invalid too. Its really tough but those 2 are needed

No particular order...Polamalu, Willis, Clay Matthews, Ed Reed, Revis
Clay Matthews is NOT better than Demarcus Ware. Have fun presenting a non-existent argument in Matthews' favor. Ware is better. That is not debatable.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
No, I think Ware overtook him in the last year or two. And he shoots upfield on every play, disregarding run defense. Half of the time, he takes himself out of the play.
Nope, Allen still has more since he entered the league

Mooche

Reaction score
Jared Allen can't play the run. Dwight Freeney got knocked on this for years, and in the past few seasons especially, his game has elevated to new heights in helping to stop the run. It's the middle of our defense that gets exposed and gashed mainly.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jared Allen can't play the run. Dwight Freeney got knocked on this for years, and in the past few seasons especially, his game has elevated to new heights in helping to stop the run. It's the middle of our defense that gets exposed and gashed mainly.
That's what makes these types of lists hard. It doesn't matter if you can play the run or not, it's all about the flashy sacks, not about the fact that the opponent is running for 6 yards per carry off your side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%