Gabbert vs Ryan

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/3/19/2059562/gabbert-a-quick-look

Something I stumbled upon.

Pretty interesting to anybody who is wondering why Gabbert is a 1st round draft pick.

I still laugh when I see people say "If Luck came out, then Gabbert wouldn't of been a 1st round pick". Actually, a lockout would of still happened, and a need for QBs is bigger than ever. Christian Ponder wouldn't of been a first rounder, probably not even a 2nd rounder.

Pretty Fair comparison

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still believe that the reason Atlanta traded all of those picks to take Julio Jones at 6 was because they knew Matt Ryan's ceiling isn't very high. People say he would be the next Tom Brady, but I don't think he will ever be that much better than he is right now. They had to get another "stud" (potential stud) because they couldn't have their franchise QB, face of their franchise, not turn into the next great QB in the NFL.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I still believe that the reason Atlanta traded all of those picks to take Julio Jones at 6 was because they knew Matt Ryan's ceiling isn't very high. People say he would be the next Tom Brady, but I don't think he will ever be that much better than he is right now. They had to get another "stud" (potential stud) because they couldn't have their franchise QB, face of their franchise, not turn into the next great QB in the NFL.
He'll never be a Brady, but Ryan is more than capable of leading a team to a Superbowl, assuming he can perform in the playoffs as well as he does in the regular season.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'll never be a Brady, but Ryan is more than capable of leading a team to a Superbowl, assuming he can perform in the playoffs as well as he does in the regular season.
Well, he hasn't proved that he can perform in the playoffs yet.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He's played in two playoff games and performed decent in both. Defense hasn't been getting it done in the playoffs though

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gabbert was barely a borderline first round prospect UNTIL Luck decided to return to school.

That isn't "laughable" because it's true.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Who was better in college, Matt Leinart or Tom Brady?

Now who's better in the pros?

Don't put too much stock into college success

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Gabbert was barely a borderline first round prospect UNTIL Luck decided to return to school.

That isn't "laughable" because it's true.
Which was way before the process that breaks down prospects and before teams get to spend time with players.

Even if Luck would of came out, Gabbert still would of been a 1st rounder. Probably even #16 to the Jaguars.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Who was better in college, Matt Leinart or Tom Brady?

Now who's better in the pros?

Don't put too much stock into college success
Totally different.

Leinart and Brady were nothing alike in College.

Ryan and Gabbert are similar, yet he was taken 3rd overall.. and people are talking shit about Gabbert like he doesn't deserve a 1st round grade.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's played in two playoff games and performed decent in both. Defense hasn't been getting it done in the playoffs though
I'll disagree that he's been decent. 4 interceptions, 8 sacks, only 5.6 yards per completion, qb rating of 71.2.

That isn't decent.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I also hate the whole Brady shit.

Fans around draft time don't wanna take a QB in the 1st round, and always use Brady as a reason why.

Or for shit like this, say that its possible to suck in college and do good in the NFL because Brady did it.

For 1 Brady, theres a million failures.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
College means nothing.

Rice18

Reaction score
Also, it's VERY laughable that they are comparing running stats.

Rice18

Reaction score
College means something.

If it doesn't, then what are they drafted on? How well they played in college.

Kthxbai.
It means nothing with their Pro career. Kthxbai.

I'm not even going to argue with you. It is like arguing with a wall. Nothing I say will matter to you.

Because Kam the almighty god is never wrong.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
It means nothing with their Pro career. Kthxbai.

I'm not even going to argue with you. It is like arguing with a wall. Nothing I say will matter to you.

Because Kam the almighty god is never wrong.
When did anybody say anything about their Pro Career.

This is talking about Matt Ryan vs Blaine Gabbert College.

College obviously means something, because they're drafted on how they performed.

Rice18

Reaction score
When did anybody say anything about their Pro Career.

This is talking about Matt Ryan vs Blaine Gabbert College.

College obviously means something, because they're drafted on how they performed.
You posted this in NFL, so therefore I am thinking that your posting this because you think Gabbert will be as good if not better then Ryan. Which he won't.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
You posted this in NFL, so therefore I am thinking that your posting this because you think Gabbert will be as good if not better then Ryan. Which he won't.
LMFAO.

No.

Not really.

Alot of people compare Gabbert to Matt Ryan. This is another comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%