The Great QB Debate

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yes, I am seriously using record because Brady is a more successful QB. Thats what it comes down to in the NFL, if Manning wins that Super Bowl he becomes Top 3 easily. But now, not so much. Brady has been there, done that and championships is what its all about. Records dont mean crap in the NFL in comparison to what the legacy of a player trully is. You guys mention all this spygate crap as if everything from Brady's career should be wiped off the record books. But let me remind you that after spygate his team won 18 games in a row and becoming one of the greatest teams of all-time only to lose to the Giants. So lets not underrate what Brady has done due to other peoples actions. Brady set a lot of records that year and none of which through cheating. Brady has done more with less and its a proven fact.

Reaction score
Yes, I am seriously using record because Brady is a more successful QB. Thats what it comes down to in the NFL, if Manning wins that Super Bowl he becomes Top 3 easily. But now, not so much. Brady has been there, done that and championships is what its all about. Records dont mean crap in the NFL in comparison to what the legacy of a player trully is. You guys mention all this spygate crap as if everything from Brady's career should be wiped off the record books. But let me remind you that after spygate his team won 18 games in a row and becoming one of the greatest teams of all-time only to lose to the Giants. So lets not underrate what Brady has done due to other peoples actions. Brady set a lot of records that year and none of which through cheating. Brady has done more with less and its a proven fact.
Manning WILL win another title I can guarantee you that. More with less how do you know how good Mannings receivers what be if they left? Pollard left and he sucked after that. Joking about Spygate btw haha

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
87*

* Played against Doug Williams oh wait...

Earnest Byner for those who don't know what im sayin
What do the Browns have to do with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.. You're sitting here trying to dismiss Tom Brady's super bowls with spygate, which was retarded anyway... You pretty much know what defense you're gonna face anyway. And bad calls happen in every game.

Reaction score
What do the Browns have to do with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.. You're sitting here trying to dismiss Tom Brady's super bowls with spygate, which was retarded anyway... You pretty much know what defense you're gonna face anyway. And bad calls happen in every game.
I was kidding bro take it easy lol.

Mooche

Reaction score
LOL.

What the hell? How do you know what the defense is going to do? Clearly you are misunderstanding the point. You prepare for teams, know what kind of plays they like to run, know what scheme, etc. When you know EXACTLY what they are going to run, it is different. I don't care how you slice it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL.

What the hell? How do you know what the defense is going to do? Clearly you are misunderstanding the point. You prepare for teams, know what kind of plays they like to run, know what scheme, etc. When you know EXACTLY what they are going to run, it is different. I don't care how you slice it.
And what proof do you have to say that they knew exactly when players were going to be run? If it is as serious as you say, they would have had much harsher penalties, such as losing there super bowls..

Mooche

Reaction score
And what proof do you have to say that they knew exactly when players were going to be run? If it is as serious as you say, they would have had much harsher penalties, such as losing there super bowls..
It is factual. It isn't a coincidence that players before hand, commented on it. In 2004, the Steelers were playing the Patriots and when Big Ben called an audible, Bruschi was barking out his audible and aligning the defense right away. Hines Ward was quoted as saying "It was like they knew our plays or something, man". That <Censored> just doesn't happen.

Why would the NFL take away their Super Bowls? It only would shed a bad light on the league and challenge the entire integrity of the league, if they go back and start tinkering around with history. Why did the commissioner burn the video tapes? He wanted it to be forgotten and wanted it to be lost in history.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is factual. It isn't a coincidence that players before hand, commented on it. In 2004, the Steelers were playing the Patriots and when Big Ben called an audible, Bruschi was barking out his audible and aligning the defense right away. Hines Ward was quoted as saying "It was like they knew our plays or something, man". That <Censored> just doesn't happen.

Why would the NFL take away their Super Bowls? It only would shed a bad light on the league and challenge the entire integrity of the league, if they go back and start tinkering around with history. Why did the commissioner burn the video tapes? He wanted it to be forgotten and wanted it to be lost in history.
I honestly don't care what Hines Ward has to say about anything.. He is a dirty player yet always denies it, I don't believe anything that guy says.. Hines Ward should talk about the favorable refs they had in their two super bowl victories. Hines Ward is full of <Censored>..

Roger Goodell is all about punishing people for wrong actions, and making an example of people/teams. He doesn't let you off easy.. If he truly thought it was a big deal he would have taken drastic actions against the Patriots.

Reaction score
Brady gave Rex Ryan a pizza when the Jets played the Pats the 2nd time and got distracted <Censored>ing cheater

Reaction score
I honestly don't care what Hines Ward has to say about anything.. He is a dirty player yet always denies it, I don't believe anything that guy says.. Hines Ward should talk about the favorable refs they had in their two super bowl victories. Hines Ward is full of <Censored>..

Roger Goodell is all about punishing people for wrong actions, and making an example of people/teams. He doesn't let you off easy.. If he truly thought it was a big deal he would have taken drastic actions against the Patriots.
He took a 1st round pick away

Mooche

Reaction score

Now your just being bias towards a player you don't like. It is just facts that the guy spoke his mind about something clear. There is no reason a defensive player, always, as soon as the QB changes the play is aligning his defense the way to counter it. Not one every play. That is impossible. Unless you are cheating..

Goodell saw the writing on the wall. Why would you wanna point something like this out? This was the "dynasty of the modern era", how does that look on the league if he goes out and completely exposes the Patriots. Not good. The fact of the matter is, Goodell sweeped it under the carpet and wants it to be forgotten in history, like I said previously. Why did Roger destroy the tapes if there wasn't anything serious there?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now your just being bias towards a player you don't like. It is just facts that the guy spoke his mind about something clear. There is no reason a defensive player, always, as soon as the QB changes the play is aligning his defense the way to counter it. Not one every play. That is impossible. Unless you are cheating..

Goodell saw the writing on the wall. Why would you wanna point something like this out? This was the "dynasty of the modern era", how does that look on the league if he goes out and completely exposes the Patriots. Not good. The fact of the matter is, Goodell sweeped it under the carpet and wants it to be forgotten in history, like I said previously. Why did Roger destroy the tapes if there wasn't anything serious there?
Okay, so you're trying to point out here that Tom Brady isn't as good because of spygate.. Care to explain how the Patriots went on to win 18 games after they were 'exposed' on spygate in week 1 against the Jets. Appearently, it wasn't a big deal because they won 17 straight games after they were found out about and Tom Brady threw 50 TDs without having his spygate advantage. The only thing that stopped them from going undefeated was a fluke play. It's not as big of a deal as you make it out to be.

And please don't talk about bias because you're arguing for Peyton Manning because you're a Colts fan.

Reaction score
Okay, so you're trying to point out here that Tom Brady isn't as good because of spygate.. Care to explain how the Patriots went on to win 18 games after they were 'exposed' on spygate in week 1 against the Jets. Appearently, it wasn't a big deal because they won 17 straight games after they were found out about and Tom Brady threw 50 TDs without having his spygate advantage. The only thing that stopped them from going undefeated was a fluke play. It's not as big of a deal as you make it out to be.

And please don't talk about bias because you're arguing for Peyton Manning because you're a Colts fan.
Brady did cheat did u c how the Giants pwnd him when the video tapes left!

Mooche

Reaction score
When did I ever say Tom Brady wasn't a good quarterback? Please. Go back in this thread and point out where I said that Tom Brady was a bad quarterback, lol. The question is who is better, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. I would be a complete fool to say Brady isn't a good quarterback. My God. Even though I'm not gonna sit here and defend him when he got away with cheating, like you are.

50 TD's hey? Go back and look at how many touchdowns he threw, when the game was wayyyy out of reach, against trash opponents who had NO shot of coming back. Look when Manning set the record and how many times he was at the end of the game, watching with a hat on. I fail to see how not running the football, but throwing on a team who is down and out is impressive. I don't find it classy, I don't have a problem with it, but it is not impressive, at all.

Just because I am a Colts fan, it is bias to point out the better player in the discussion? Please. It probably was like when LeBron was on your team you argued to say he was the best in the NBA. Mute point my friend.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When did I ever say Tom Brady wasn't a good quarterback? Please. Go back in this thread and point out where I said that Tom Brady was a bad quarterback, lol. The question is who is better, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. I would be a complete fool to say Brady isn't a good quarterback. My God. Even though I'm not gonna sit here and defend him when he got away with cheating, like you are.

50 TD's hey? Go back and look at how many touchdowns he threw, when the game was wayyyy out of reach, against trash opponents who had NO shot of coming back. Look when Manning set the record and how many times he was at the end of the game, watching with a hat on. I fail to see how not running the football, but throwing on a team who is down and out is impressive. I don't find it classy, I don't have a problem with it, but it is not impressive, at all.

Just because I am a Colts fan, it is bias to point out the better play in the discussion? Please. It probably wasn't like when LeBron was on your team you argued to say he was the best in the NBA. Mute point my friend.
Well I would like to point out that all I said was you're saying Tom Brady is not AS good because of spygate.
Okay, so you're trying to point out here that Tom Brady isn't as good because of spygate..
Not once did I say you were calling him a bad quarterback. Without the "cheating" Tom Brady and the Patriots had the best season in the history of their franchise, and one of the best seasons in the history of the league, super bowl win or not.. They won 18 games, when there spygate stuff was taken away from them at the start of the year. It had absolutely no effect on their play.

Who cares when he got the TDs, he threw for the single season record 50 TDs.. They threw on teams because people were saying how they should get stripped of wins and titles for spygate, when it was clear it didn't mean much, because they kept pouring it on every team they faced to make a point, that the spygate meant nothing.

Well apparently I have a personal bias against Hines Ward just because hes on the Steelers even though it is the truth that he is a dirty player. Yes I said LeBron was the best player in the league. If a player on your favorite team is in the discussion, you're obviously going to pick that player, just like I did with him, and like you are now with Manning. Not saying that's wrong to do, just saying it is a bias..

Mooche

Reaction score
Wrong. I said you can't not factor in spygate. You guys are all <Censored>ing about how Manning doesn't have the titles -- when Brady was cheating for EVERY single one of them. Did he win it when they weren't cheating and had the almighty team that went 18-1? Nope. They lost. He hasn't won a Super Bowl without cheating. That is factual and reality. That has nothing to do whether Tom is a bad quarterback, it breaks down to a lot of things. Manning has a better release, reads a defense better, more accurate with the football. Many things he does better.

I care when he got the TDs. If you are throwing it late in the 4th quarter against garbage teams, how is that impressive? You are basically taking a dog who has been injured, and flat out kicking it. It isn't do anything for your team. All you are doing is padding the stats. You are making a REAL big statement kicking the <Censored> out of Washington at home. LOL. Right...

You do have a personal bias against Hines Ward. I don't give a crap if Rodney Harrison accused the Chargers of cheating and audibles, etc. in the same situation, I'd at least give it some merit that a player in the NFL said this. You show it down since you can't stand the Steelers. The whole LeBron was just proof that you can't try and single me out because I cheer for the guy on game day. I will argue till I am blue in the face about everything that makes him better than Tom. Whether I like the guy or not. I am not sitting here saying anything unreasonable, at all. Have I said Manning is the GOAT? Nope. I don't believe he is, quite yet. Could he get that level? Realistically, he might be able to get to that level, yes.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wrong. I said you can't not factor in spygate. You guys are all <Censored>ing about how Manning doesn't have the titles -- when Brady was cheating for EVERY single one of them. Did he win it when they weren't cheating and had the almighty team that went 18-1? Nope. They lost. He hasn't won a Super Bowl without cheating. That is factual and reality. That has nothing to do whether Tom is a bad quarterback, it breaks down to a lot of things. Manning has a better release, reads a defense better, more accurate with the football. Many things he does better.

I care when he got the TDs. If you are throwing it late in the 4th quarter against garbage teams, how is that impressive? You are basically taking a dog who has been injured, and flat out kicking it. It isn't do anything for your team. All you are doing is padding the stats. You are making a REAL big statement kicking the <Censored> out of Washington at home. LOL. Right...

You do have a personal bias against Hines Ward. I don't give a crap if Rodney Harrison accused the Chargers of cheating and audibles, etc. in the same situation, I'd at least give it some merit that a player in the NFL said this. You show it down since you can't stand the Steelers. The whole LeBron was just proof that you can't try and single me out because I cheer for the guy on game day. I will argue till I am blue in the face about everything that makes him better than Tom. Whether I like the guy or not. I am not sitting here saying anything unreasonable, at all. Have I said Manning is the GOAT? Nope. I don't believe he is, quite yet. Could he get that level? Realistically, he might be able to get to that level, yes.
They went 18-1 without the cheating and should have a super bowl.. If a bum WR doesn't make the catch of his life that no other WR has made, then this honestly isn't even a debate right now. And without 'cheating' Tom Brady has had arguably his two best seasons as a player statistically even though his year last year was not as impressive as previous seasons when his #1 receiver was David Givens.

I don't understand this throwing TDs in garbage time against garbage teams.. You bring in Washington, and in that game he had 3 passing touchdowns in the entire game. Tom Brady had 10 touchdowns in the 4th quarter that year. 2 of them were against the Colts in a comeback. Another was in a 7 point game against the Cowboys, which turned into a blow out, but not from multiple Tom Brady touchdowns.. He threw a touchdown to make it a 14 point game early in the 4th quarter. Had one against the Giants in a close game in the 4th, had one in a 10 point game early in the 4th quarter against the Browns and there are others in 10 point games or so.. This whole 4th quarter garbage time touchdowns accounts for like 3 touchdowns..

Hines Ward is a dirty player, that is my bias against him, nothing more to it really. I already said there was nothing wrong with saying the guy on your favorite team is the best if hes in the discussion.. Don't know why you're trying to defend yourself on that. Now you want to talk about a personal bias.. A Colts fan taking away from Tom Brady and the Patriots accomplishments.

Reaction score
They went 18-1 without the cheating and should have a super bowl.. If a bum WR doesn't make the catch of his life that no other WR has made, then this honestly isn't even a debate right now. And without 'cheating' Tom Brady has had arguably his two best seasons as a player statistically even though his year last year was not as impressive as previous seasons when his #1 receiver was David Givens.

I don't understand this throwing TDs in garbage time against garbage teams.. You bring in Washington, and in that game he had 3 passing touchdowns in the entire game. Tom Brady had 10 touchdowns in the 4th quarter that year. 2 of them were against the Colts in a comeback. Another was in a 7 point game against the Cowboys, which turned into a blow out, but not from multiple Tom Brady touchdowns.. He threw a touchdown to make it a 14 point game early in the 4th quarter. Had one against the Giants in a close game in the 4th, had one in a 10 point game early in the 4th quarter against the Browns and there are others in 10 point games or so.. This whole 4th quarter garbage time touchdowns accounts for like 3 touchdowns..

Hines Ward is a dirty player, that is my bias against him, nothing more to it really. I already said there was nothing wrong with saying the guy on your favorite team is the best if hes in the discussion.. Don't know why you're trying to defend yourself on that. Now you want to talk about a personal bias.. A Colts fan taking away from Tom Brady and the Patriots accomplishments.
Tbh his receivers weren't THAT bad they got separation, ran good routes.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
I hope you guys realize that the Pats were probably not the only team using cameras before spygate right? It just so happens the Pats got exposed because Mangini wanted to be a dick after he left New England.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%