Which of the 14 2014 QB Draftees Will Be the First Pro-Bowler?

Which QB Will Make the Pro Bowl First?

• Blake Bortles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnny Manziel

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Teddy Bridgewater

• Derek Carr

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jimmy Garoppolo

• Logan Thomas

• Tom Savage

• Aaron Murray

• AJ McCarron

• Zach Mettenberger

• David Fales

• Keith Wenning

• Tajh Boyd

• Garrett Gilbert

• None

• Total voters

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I went with Football Johnny

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The best situation is Minnesota, but the hype machine will give Johnny the nod, even if he doesn't deserve it over other dudes.

TTN2810

Reaction score
You don't think ANY of them will ever make a Pro Bowl?

EDIT
I also went JFF.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they're all in bad situations or just not good enough. Obviously, situations can change, but as it sits, I don't see it

TTN2810

Reaction score
Wow, who's in a bad situation?

In my opinion every guy except Manziel is in an ideal situation for themselves. Bortles and Carr can both sit and learn (Carr has no weapons though), Bridgewater has an unreal supporting cast for now and the future (he's my pick for ROTY,) and Garoppolo, Thomas, Savage and Mettenberger can all sit and develop/heal, each with a very good supporting cast too.

The only guy in an un-ideal situation is JFF, in my opinion. Granted I don't specifically know exactly how good the QB coaches/O-Coordinators are suited for each guy, but just from a personel/learning standpoint the teams this year did a very good job of setting these guys up for success situationally. That doesn't mean I think they'll all succeed, but they all have a shot to with where they went.

EDIT
GTFO whoever chose McCarron hahaha.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Wow, who's in a bad situation?

In my opinion every guy except Manziel is in an ideal situation for themselves. Bortles and Carr can both sit and learn (Carr has no weapons though), Bridgewater has an unreal supporting cast for now and the future (he's my pick for ROTY,) and Garoppolo, Thomas, Savage and Mettenberger can all sit and develop/heal, each with a very good supporting cast too.

The only guy in an un-ideal situation is JFF, in my opinion. Granted I don't specifically know exactly how good the QB coaches/O-Coordinators are suited for each guy, but just from a personel/learning standpoint the teams this year did a very good job of setting these guys up for success situationally. That doesn't mean I think they'll all succeed, but they all have a shot to with where they went.

EDIT
GTFO whoever chose McCarron hahaha.

TTN2810

Reaction score
If he is in fact the first I'm gonna have to buy you a beer some how lol.

CallMeDaddy

Reaction score
I really wish there was a "none" option. I'm not really sure any of these guys will be good enough to be pro bowl QBs, Manziel probably has the best chance to get it considering he has entire fanbase behind him though.

I think this years draft could end up going down as one of the worst QB draft classes in recent history, even if one of them ends up being a pro bowl caliber player.

I wanted to go Manziel based on the fanbase factor, but if I'm going to go with the player that has the best chance to be a great player, I'd have go Bridgewater. I think he's not only in the best position to succeed, but also the most talented QB in this draft class, and probably the only QB I would've risked taking in the 1st.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Good first post man, welcome!

I agree with you about Bridgewater, he should have been the first to go. He has the least amount of questions about him, by far, and definitely has an NFL skill-set. I strongly think he will be a Pro-Bowler, but like you said, JFF could go first just because of his fans.

EDIT
I added a none option for you guys.

EDIT 2
The last draft class (not counting last year yet) not to have a QB go the Pro-Bowl was 2010. 2009 hasn't either technically, as Stafford was only a 2011 ALT, but I don't think that officially counts.

CallMeDaddy

Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Good first post man, welcome!

I agree with you about Bridgewater, he should have been the first to go. He has the least amount of questions about him, by far, and definitely has an NFL skill-set. I strongly think he will be a Pro-Bowler, but like you said, JFF could go first just because of his fans.

EDIT
I added a none option for you guys.

EDIT 2
The last draft class (not counting last year yet) not to have a QB go the Pro-Bowl was 2010. 2009 hasn't either technically, as Stafford was only a 2011 ALT, but I don't think that officially counts.

Thanks man, I'm glad I found this place!

I'm sure someone will end up being a pro bowler, with the nfl making all of these rules that are causing more and more alternates, one of them are bound to get it 1 year. Now, are any of them going to be pro bowl caliber players? That really depends on how they develop, and how good the coaches are. But, Bridgewater would be my pick with a gun to my head.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I didn't think there was a nickname worse than 'Johnny Football', but now there is. God that is such a bad nickname, 'Johnny Cleveland'.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
TiTAN said:
If he is in fact the first I'm gonna have to buy you a beer some how lol.

Or you could just give me a million dollars, would be easier that way. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
WHO-DEY-BENGALS_14_18 said:

Or you could just give me a million dollars, would be easier that way. 
How about a million beers? That's way more than a million bucks, but I don't want you to waste my money on junk like school or investments. I would need to know it's going towards something good, like beer.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd say you owe him a beer if Mcarron EVER makes a pro bowl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%