2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Still wish the Titans had taken Hyde or Hill rather than Sankey. Then this draft would have been an A+ for me. Sankey reminds me of a poor man's Doug Martin, who, really fell off last year before his injury. Even so, I don't think he gets near as good as Martin anyways. He'll do, but he's nothing special, IMO. I really hope he proves me wrong, that would make me quite happy.

I was thinking the same thing.  Why didn't they take Hyde.  He was there.  That didn't make sense to me really.

I am happy with what AZ got in the draft.  They have atleast 3 starters and 2 rotational players right from the start.  So they got who they wanted.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I thought the Rams told him not to do the documentary?
If that's true then it's further proof that he cares more about being an icon than he does about football.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't know much about Hill, I guess I just never watched LSU much. But when the Bengals made that pick with Hyde available, I was like huh? As long as he's an upgrade over Green-Ellis, I'm fine with it. Looks like a backfield of Hill and Gio. I don't study the players enough like some. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Shaggy said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Why didn't they take Hyde.  He was there.  That didn't make sense to me really.

I am happy with what AZ got in the draft.  They have atleast 3 starters and 2 rotational players right from the start.  So they got who they wanted.
Even Hill too! Oh well. Yeah, the Cards did do well. Bucannon is one of the best hitters I've seen in years, and as much as others don't like the Thomas pick, if he can ever find his consistency, he'll be better than Newton. He's shown flashes of being way more accurate than Cam ever will be.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_14_18 said:
I don't know much about Hill, I guess I just never watched LSU much. But when the Bengals made that pick with Hyde available, I was like huh? As long as he's an upgrade over Green-Ellis, I'm fine with it. Looks like a backfield of Hill and Gio. I don't study the players enough like some. 
Hill is a beast too, man. Either he or Hyde is a great pick. Hyde is just a little more violent a runner, and a little more quick twitch too. Hill has a knack to break off bigger runs though. Hill is like 95% of Hyde physically haha, but he may have a bit better vision. It is really very close between the two. You should be happy with Hill.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
If that's true then it's further proof that he cares more about being an icon than he does about football.
It was a business decision when Jason Collins came out and didn't get a documentary about him and was just about basketball, and now it's a business decision for Sam who came out and got an offer for a documentary. When is it not a business decision for you? Does it have to be a star player or are you just that against equality and gays in your sports that you have to come up with some excuse to be against it?

And this isn't singling you out, this has been the case in any argument involving Jason Collins or Michael Sam. I'm seemingly the only one on here who doesn't look for reasons or excuses to bash them for something or other.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I just think you don't see how large of an opportunity this was for both of them. Yeah, if a star player came out or at least someone relevant who didn't need the fame, I might think a little different.

You still have yet to comment on the Rams not wanting him to do the documentary though?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I just think you don't see how large of an opportunity this was for both of them. Yeah, if a star player came out or at least someone relevant who didn't need the fame, I might think a little different.

You still have yet to comment on the Rams not wanting him to do the documentary though?
Of course they wouldn't want him too, you're not the only one who has this mindset, even if it is wrong.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
So why would a 7th round pick who is going to have to scratch and claw just to get a roster spot do something that his team advised him not to do? Clearly he cares more about being a celebrity than he does making the team

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because regardless of what he said or what anyone has said, this whole situation isn't just about football, nor should it be. It's bigger than that.

Even if he didn't get this documentary, you'd still be spouting off with some reason as to why he shouldn't be on a team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I never said he shouldn't be on a team? He was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year, he's got to have a place in this league right?

I just think he should focus on football and trying to make the team.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Hill is a beast too, man. Either he or Hyde is a great pick. Hyde is just a little more violent a runner, and a little more quick twitch too. Hill has a knack to break off bigger runs though. Hill is like 95% of Hyde physically haha, but he may have a bit better vision. It is really very close between the two. You should be happy with Hill.

You are making me feel better about the pick. Already got a RB with speed and the ability to catch with Gio. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%