Official Boxing Talk Thread

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But he wont lose against pacquiao though. Its a money issue floyd supposedly wants 60/40.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In boxing match anything can happen. The man explains it for me himself:

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
LAS VEGAS -- For the past few months, welterweight titleholders Shane Mosley and Andre Berto waged a back-and-forth war of words on Twitter. On Saturday afternoon, they came face-to-face at a news conference at Mandalay Bay to formally announce their Jan. 30 unification fight.

Their explosive styles are similar and they are both very fast, skillful fighters. That's one of the reasons HBO, which will televise the fight, pushed so hard to get the difficult deal done with Mosley promoter Golden Boy and Berto promoter Lou DiBella.

"The first time I saw Andre Berto he reminded me of a young Shane Mosley," said HBO's Kery Davis. "And the last time I saw Shane Mosley he reminded me of a young Shane Mosley. This is going to be one hell of a fight."

The last time anyone saw Mosley, 38, was when he knocked out Antonio Margarito 11 months ago to win a 147-pound title for the second time in an upset. However, it's been a frustrating year for Mosley because he could not lure any of the big names into the ring to fight him afterward.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. came out of retirement to fight Juan Manuel Marquez in September. And Saturday night, down the Strip at the MGM Grand, Miguel Cotto and Manny Pacquiao will duke it out in the year's biggest fight.
I actually got a chance to interview Andre, he's a pretty flashy guy, but his Dad was on hell of a boxer in his day.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In boxing match anything can happen. The man explains it for me himself:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CuuDP-8-O6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CuuDP-8-O6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
He's talking like he's the greatest boxer of all time. Seriously, if you want to talk do it in the ring with you <Censored>ing fists. And the 2 knockouts that he mentioned were BS. His trainer before (not Roach) was just plain stupid. He told Pacquiao not to <Censored>ing eat so he doesn't gain weight. And Pacquiao fought like he was a skinny teen ager that's why he got knocked out.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All that doesnt change the fact that he loss. And I looked on floyds record they arent any losses on his. Why not talk <Censored> if you can back it up. Ali talked <Censored> and backed up.

But floyd was speaking the truth. But we will see when they get in the ring.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All that doesnt change the fact that he loss. And I looked on floyds record they arent any losses on his. Why not talk <Censored> if you can back it up. Ali talked <Censored> and backed up.

But floyd was speaking the truth. But we will see when they get in the ring.
Still, I don't see why he talks crap when he hasn't even fought the guy in the ring? Saying Pacquiao is just one 1 Dimension fighter is ridiculous. I know a lot of fighters talk a lot of crap but still.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pac is a good fighter. And he did some wonderful things in that ring on saturday night. But it was against a fighter who's broken. Cotto never recovered from the margarito beating in my mind.

I will say that I think pac is a good puncher and will be a difficult matchup for floyd. He's just as quick and can hit hard. But I dont think he's a good defensive fighter like floyd. Floyd is just a phenom in my mind. I may sound crazy for saying that but idc.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like you said, we'll see when they get in the ring. I'm pretty sure both will train hard to win.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is it safe to say if this fight goes down it will be huge for boxing and the biggest fight possibly of this decade.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ya possibly. If they fight I hope it wasn't like his fight against Marquez.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
If Floyd and Manny fight it could possibly put Boxing back on the map. I think it would be more reasonable to do it 50/50 and get it over with cuz Boxing desperately needs this fight.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i was feeling Mayweather a few months ago, but Manny is the truth.

hope it gets going, but it might not since Floyd likes to duck everyone he knows he cant beat like Sugar Shane and Paul Williams

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sugar shane just wants a big payday. Floyd tried to fight him before. And paul is the only fighter I can see giving floyd problems. But hell look at him dude is too lanky.

Then in 2006 there seemed to be a chance for Floyd and Mosley to finally meet in a match-up that would have generated a lot of interest. Mosley had just defeated Fernando Vargas and moved back in the top 10 Pound for Pound. And Mayweather offered Mosley a fight. Mosley decided at that time to turn the fight down because he wanted to spend time with his family, and he wanted to give Oscar De La Hoya an opportunity to fight Mayweather. In hindsight it may have been a bad move by Mosley, but he figured there would always be a shot a Mayweather.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So am I the only one who thinks Mayweather is gonna fight Mosley now. The 24/7 for those 2 would be hilarious.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Boxing really needs this fight between Mayweather and Paquiao and I cant believe they arent taking advantage of this opportunity. This is unbelievable....

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pacquiao is officially a politician in the Philiipines. What a joke. I love Pacquiao and all but I hoped that he wasn't going to win it. Looks like the chances of a Pacman-Money fight is starting to get slim. Politics is just one big distraction for him. He's already doing a lot of things outside the boxing world.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pacquiao is officially a politician in the Philiipines. What a joke. I love Pacquiao and all but I hoped that he wasn't going to win it. Looks like the chances of a Pacman-Money fight is starting to get slim. Politics is just one big distraction for him. He's already doing a lot of things outside the boxing world.
Some bull<Censored> political position in a 3rd world country won't keep this fight from happening. I mean sh_t, even in this country, politicians don't do jack as it is. Once the campaigning season is over, its casting votes whenever necessary and maybe signing your name to a bill.

I think this fight happens one way or the other...but its not going to be the next fight for either Pacquiao or Money.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Looks like Floyd doesnt want to fight Pacman.... very dissapointed, I thought Money wanted to fight Manny. But I guess I was wrong. I wouldve paid to watch this fight for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%