Official D-League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know a lot of our members here follow the league so I thought it deserves its own thread for the season. Come here to talk about certain players in the D-League, the teams, etc. Anything concerning the D-League.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sweet good idea.

Has anyone ever been to a D-League game?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nice idea Maple, I like this.

Brandon Bowman for Bakersfield has been doing quite nicely, averaging over 20ppg and 5 rbg. Also Scooter McFadgon has been ripping it up for them to with 22ppg.

Also Utah has sent Morris Almond and Kyrylo Fesenko to the Utah Flash, and the Rockets sent Aaron Brooks to their D-League team.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No, but I woudln't mind going. I have been to a Minor League Baseball games and those are really relaxing compared to the big league games, more of a fan environment. I don't know if it is the same with the D-League compared to the NBA.

Anyways here is some news from the Jazz.

Jazz Send Almond And Fesenko To D-League
Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor announced today that the team has assigned rookie guard Morris Almond and rookie center Kyrylo Fesenko to the Utah Flash of the NBA Development League (D-League).

Almond, a 6-6, 225-pound guard out of Rice has appeared in three games for the Jazz, playing a total of 12 scoreless minutes. He has spent 14 games on the inactive list. Almond was selected by the Jazz in the first round (25th overall selection) of the 2007 NBA Draft.

Fesenko, a 7-1, 288-pound center was previously assigned to the Flash on November 10 before being recalled on November 30. He appeared in four games (all starts) for the Flash, averaging 13.8 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.25 blocks while shooting .611 from the floor. The 20-year-old native of the Ukraine has appeared in one game for the Jazz, scoring six points and grabbing seven rebounds in 17 minutes in a 120-96 Jazz win over the Los Angeles Lakers the night he was recalled. Originally selected by Philadelphia with in the second round (38th overall selection) of the 2007 NBA Draft, the Jazz acquired Fesenko’s rights in a draft night deal that sent the draft rights to Herbert Hill (55th overall pick) and trade considerations to the 76ers.
Almond might get his opportunity to score a lot in the D-League games. I've never seen him play, but from the draft and what I heard, he is a great scorer, so maybe he can put up good numbers. And Fesenko, I know a lot about him, hint why I signed him for my Sim League team. He actually did pretty good in his first career game before getting injured. Good rebounder to and crafty around the basket.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sweet good idea.

Has anyone ever been to a D-League game?
No but I've always wanted to real bad, see some players with great potential, and plus they are less expensive.

I was gonna go to like a Bakersfield at Utah game, but G-Mac isn't on their roster this year, so I didn't.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nice idea Maple, I like this.

Brandon Bowman for Bakersfield has been doing quite nicely, averaging over 20ppg and 5 rbg. Also Scooter McFadgon has been ripping it up for them to with 22ppg.

Also Utah has sent Morris Almond and Kyrylo Fesenko to the Utah Flash, and the Rockets sent Aaron Brooks to their D-League team.
Beat me to the punch, lol

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh and Luke Jackson plays for the Idaho Stampede, had his first game the other night, scored 30 points and 9 assists with 4 rebounds.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The lone Mavs player on the D-League team is Fazekas, and he is putting up pretty good numbers. 12.3 PPG, 8.0 RPG in 28.3 MPG, shooting 46% from the field.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The lone Mavs player on the D-League team is Fazekas, and he is putting up pretty good numbers. 12.3 PPG, 8.0 RPG in 28.3 MPG, shooting 46% from the field.
Yea I saw that, also JamesOn Curry and Darius Washington are doing pretty well. Curry is averaging like 22.5 ppg and Washington I think only played one game, but he had 29.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was going to follow the d-league, but the Austin Toro's cut my man Daryl "Majic" Dorsey......idiots

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Go Stampede!!!!!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Luke Jackson got called up by the Heat while they are gaining Taurean Green.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RealGM Staff Report -
The Detroit Pistons assigned rookie center Cheikh Samb to their NBA Development League affiliate, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on Monday. Samb’s assignment is the 18th of the 2007-08 season, and Samb is the 16th NBA player assigned to a D-League affiliate. Samb is scheduled to play his first game with the Mad Ants on Thursday, Dec. 13 against the Dakota Wizards.

Samb, 7-1, 245-pounds, has appeared in two games for Detroit this season and averaged 1.5 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in 10.5 minutes per game. In six preseason games for the Pistons, Samb averaged 4.3 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 17.8 minutes.

Originally drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers with the 51st pick in the second round of the 2006 NBA Draft, Samb was acquired by the Pistons on draft day from the Lakers in exchange for Maurice Evans. Samb spent the 2006-07 season playing overseas with WTC Cornella in the Spanish LEB2 League.
Good I hope he develops a while playing in the D-League.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Portland Trail Blazers Assign Guard Taurean Green To Idaho Stampede

NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2007 – The Portland Trailblazers today assigned rookie point guard Taurean Green to their NBA Development League affiliate, the Idaho Stampede. Green’s assignment is the 19th of the 2007-08 season, and Green is the 17th NBA player assigned to a D-League affiliate.

“This is a great opportunity for Taurean to get some more playing time and in-game experience at a professional level,” said Trail Blazers’ General Manager Kevin Pritchard. “We’re grateful to have a partnership with Idaho and the D-League to help us develop our young players.”

A second round selection (52nd overall) in the 2007 NBA Draft, Green has appeared in four games for the Trail Blazers this season and averaged 2.3 points and 1.3 assists in 6.0 minutes per game. In the preseason with Portland, Green appeared in seven games and averaged 6.4 points, 2.0 assists and 1.6 rebounds in 14.7 minutes per game including a 13 point performance in a 118-102 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Oct. 12, 2007.

A three year Gator, Green helped lead the University of Florida to back-to-back NCAA Championships in 2006 and 2007. In 111 games at Florida, Green averaged 10.5 points, 3.6 assists and 2.1 rebounds, including 16 points and six assists in the National Championship game against Ohio State. Green was named MVP of the 2007 NCAA Tournament Midwest Regional, earned Second Team All-SEC honors for the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons. He left Florida as the Gators 31st all-time leading scorer with 1,170 career point as well as ranking second in career free throw percentage (.856), seventh in assists (400), and tied for eighth in three-point field goals made (186)

Green joins an Idaho team that leads the West Division with a 5-3 record.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm glad that Green got sent down, I think McRoberts needs to be sent down to.

Guys I wish ere sent to the D-League:
Earl Barron - Heat
Mickael Gelebale - Sonics
Diwara - Nuggets
McRoberts - Portland
Thaddeus Young - 76ers
Demetris Nichols - Bulls
Julian Wright - Hornets
Patrick O'Bryant - Golden State
Brandan Wright - Golden State
Marco Belinelli - Golden State
Solomon Jones - Hawks
Aaron Gray - Bulls
Thabo Sefolosha - Bulls
and more...

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jazz recalled Kyrylo Fesenko
Utah Jazz General Manager Kevin O’Connor announced today that the team has recalled center Kyrylo Fesenko from the Utah Flash of the NBA Development League (D-League).

Fesenko, a 7-1, 288-pound center had been re-assigned to the Flash on December 6 following an earlier Flash stint from November 10-30.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jazz recalled Kyrylo Fesenko
Yes I love Fesenko and how he did in his first NBA game.

Bowman played well again today. And Samb had 12 points, 11 boards, 6 blocks, and fouled out.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Samb's first game for the Mad Ants:

12 points 11 rebounds 6 blocks

Now that's blue collar.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alando Tucker scored 40 today....dang. Oh and Samb's 2nd game was 15 points 6 boards and 2 blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%