2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
So there's speculation the Jays might not offer JD a qualifying offer if he can't be traded.

Hard to see that. Why wouldn't you at the very least take an 18 million dollar flyer on him if he accepts. Worst case scenario, he's a draft pick.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It wouldn't make any sense for them to not offer the QO. I think they'll do it.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I just realized he edited the post to add my name in haha. Its nice living rent free
I wasn't sure how to state your name but you act like you're a mod when you're not.  To even put your name up on there with mods is ridiculous thinking, but you've got longevity.  That being said, you talk like you're 12, just like bosox.

GMF1991 said:
Dude you really need to relax. This whole thing needs to stop. All of you. Getting real fucking tired of it.

Like seriously PWN, just stop responding to them. I dont get why you're so rattled. You keep bringing up what people said to you in the past. You dont need to. It solves nothing, and only makes things worse.

Like, what did you think was going to happen when you brought this up? It was completely unnecessary, and tbh there was only 1 possible outcome.
FYI, I barely brought up Rick Porcello at all this year.  Everyone else has started it, I just followed suit.  When I mentioned it before, I was serious.  it wasn't a joking matter but the guys keep springing it on me so I'm pushing back.

I have a right to defend myself.  I know when to be stupid, when to be funny, and when to be serious.  But when I talk baseball I don't mean anything as a joke (aside from sarcasm).

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
real mods? dude where do you think you are smh

this isnt a courthouse, a public appeal... this is a thread where we want to talk baseball smh. stop taking shit so damn personally (like its a fucking yankees logo chill out)

everyone here on this board is trying to tell you that youre taking this all WAY too seriously. this is a sports forum (THE sports forum), and we fuck around with each other. Cheato and CC have been so-called-baiting me for 8 years now, and none have been with any bit of malious.

take some time off the board and recollect yourself. i did the same thing years ago when i flipped out and with time and perspective you can look back and see how much of a dumbass you looked like
The logo was completely unnecessary and out of line even if you were joking.  That's messing with my private profile.  I get joking, but there comes a time when your joking is too much too far but you're too ignorant to care or know about it.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Brad1590/status/1030561182279761920

#baueroutage :(

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
The only reasson we have this many wins is because of our offense... our rotation is nothing to write home about outside of Chris Sale.  Price is above average but starts cracking around the seventh inning of each game.  Porcello is Porcello.  He's been serviceable this year but not a superstar.  Eovaldi is Porcello 2.0.  And whoever takes the fifth spot just flat out sucks.  Brian Johnson should be DFA'd as I said back in April.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I wasn't sure how to state your name but you act like you're a mod when you're not.  To even put your name up on there with mods is ridiculous thinking, but you've got longevity.  That being said, you talk like you're 12, just like bosox.

FYI, I barely brought up Rick Porcello at all this year.  Everyone else has started it, I just followed suit.  When I mentioned it before, I was serious.  it wasn't a joking matter but the guys keep springing it on me so I'm pushing back.

I have a right to defend myself.  I know when to be stupid, when to be funny, and when to be serious.  But when I talk baseball I don't mean anything as a joke (aside from sarcasm).
You have a right to defend yourself, but you dont need to get so defensive all the time. That's all I'm trying to say.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Rodriguez, back healthy, is a solid addition to the rotation.
He's been so-so.  He's got the stuff but hasn't been very economical.  He barely ever pitches 7 innings and struggles with control.  Just when he looks like he'll solve his problems he gets injured again.

I'm actually looking more toward Steven Wright but I'm not sure about his timetable and he hasn't been healthy all year.

GMF1991 said:
You have a right to defend yourself, but you dont need to get so defensive all the time. That's all I'm trying to say.
Rightly said.  I like this guy.  Very reasonable.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
E-Rod is a very solid 3/4.
More 4 than 3.  He has some clear control issues where he's never gotten over the hump.  Poor control leads to walks, walks lead to runs.

One thing that I like about Porcello is that he rarely walks anyone.  That's a very very good trait for a pitcher.

Brian Johnson is lately surprising me but I fear him on the mound in any playoff game.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
He won't be starting. A four-man rotation will be used 100%.
But he will still be on the roster.  Starting or in the pen, I don't trust him either way.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the A's May win the division. Houston isn't so dominating this year. They're having the World Series hangover and the A's are just producing. They don't have a single guy in their bullpen with an ERA over 4.

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
So there's speculation the Jays might not offer JD a qualifying offer if he can't be traded.

Hard to see that. Why wouldn't you at the very least take an 18 million dollar flyer on him if he accepts. Worst case scenario, he's a draft pick.
Sounds like bait to me. If they make it seem like hes not worth keeping around, hell make it through waivers and they can trade him to anybody at that point. By the time hes shown hes ready to play, hell have value again and whatever Toronto said last week about not extending him a QO will be meaningless.

Besides, even if they dont trade him they can extend a QO this offseason whether they said they would or not. Its all smokescreen as of this point imo.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Orioles obviously have very little bright spots, but this Cedric Mullins guy looks good and Alex Cobb has finally found his form

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Chris Sale back on the DL.  Not good.  Our one reliable pitcher is injured.  If he doesn't come back to us 100% before the playoffs, it's over as soon as we get there.

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
Sounds minor, his last 10 day DL stint was short. Im thinking precautionary measures being taken here, to be certain he is right for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%