World Baseball Classic

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I wouldn't harp about Chase Utley.  What separates him from Hosmer or Kinsler?  Sounds to me like you want the players you support.
hes the man and the others arent

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Seth Lugo pitching for Puerto Rico tomorrow. What a time to be alive.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gonna be interesting
Its currently raining and it will rain all night lol

They have to play though

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tix are cheap. I would have bought some but I'm not trying to deal with a potential delay, sit in wet seats and walk to and from the stadium and the parking lot when its raining lol

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Well, got a hand it to USA either way.  They got this far after defeating the undefeated Japan team and the tough Dominican Republic team.  I think we have a good chance tonight if Stroman doesn't have the meltdown he had the last game against Puerto Rico.  

Honestly, Puerto Rico has been very lucky.  They're certainly talented, don't get me wrong, but I think the biggest difference for them is Yadier 
Molina.  They'd be nowhere without that guy.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im on my way to the stadium

Gotta say guys
Hard for me to go to DODGER STADIUM and root for crawford, posey, melancon and root against kiké hernandez! Ha!

Im rooting for dingers or a brawl or both!

Cant wait

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Mexi said:
Tix are cheap. I would have bought some but I'm not trying to deal with a potential delay, sit in wet seats and walk to and from the stadium and the parking lot when its raining lol

Don't be a lame LA fan. Get your ass out there. Knowing LA there's gonna be thousands of empty seats for cheap

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Mexi said:
except i hate gonzo for blocking me on twitter and not hitting for power lol
Gonzo is a bitch. Such a sore loser. Couldn't handle the NLCS, can't handle the WBC

catman

Reaction score
Great game by Stroman.  Great win by the USA.  Nice to finally see team USA win the tournament.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Don't be a lame LA fan. Get your ass out there. Knowing LA there's gonna be thousands of empty seats for cheap
haha so off base considering we lead baseball every year in attendance. So yes when we have 45k it looks a little empty. But you ought to see DS. Freakin huge bro

Took me over an hour to drive a freaking block and took me an hour to leave. 50k games suck lol. But idk today was worse. Ive been to games this busy before and never spent 2hrs in traffic in and around the stadium . Pretty annoying

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Atmosphere was great
US is so boring. Shoutout to the PR people. They made it fun with their noise and instruments

Even after they were down big, or leaving the stadium having lost, they were always dancing, cheering, smiling and having a great time. Positive people and was great to be around them

Dont care that US won. Only wish it was a closer game. But i still had fun

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Gonzo is a bitch. Such a sore loser. Couldn't handle the NLCS, can't handle the WBC
i cant wait to get rid of him. Im not "rooting" for an injury but lets just say i cant wait to see bellinger in the not so distant future

As for his wbc stuff. They kinda fucked mexico. Even if they didnt get the tiebreaker rules incorrect, they should have known in advance instead of telling mexico that if they won they go to SD, and then hours later tell them "well actually nvm"
Giving them false info is a giant fuck up and mexico has the right to be pissed

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Atmosphere was great
US is so boring. Shoutout to the PR people. They made it fun with their noise and instruments

Even after they were down big, or leaving the stadium having lost, they were always dancing, cheering, smiling and having a great time. Positive people and was great to be around them

Dont care that US won. Only wish it was a closer game. But i still had fun
I find it hilarious that no matter what happened, you have to say something against the American team.  You can't even congratulate them on their win, and you find ways to make Puerto Rico the relevant team even when the game was all USA.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ian Kinser basically said non-white people play baseball the wrong way

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Ian Kinser basically said non-white people play baseball the wrong way
I don't think it was too big of a deal.  The problem with this world is that people are just too sensitive about insignificant things.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Getting upset because people aren't blindly rooting for team USA or being overly patriotic isn't considered sensitive? Because you've been doing an awful lot of that.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmao this guy

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am an american
I must root for eric hosmer and ian kinsler and marcus stroman

Foh

US has a boring roster. Lacked charisma
They won so what. They have a team of all stars

I was there man. PR people were great and made the game fun. Its a game afterall

This is 2017. No need to root for guys because we're from a certain country. The game is so global and the US is obviously a powerhouse. Whats exactly wrong with rooting for an underdog with players we're extremely familiar with? I cant root for lindor and beltran and correa when they wear a PR jersey, but can when theyre wearing a mlb jersey?

catman

Reaction score
I root for the game, not the players.  I watched quite a bit of the tournament, and enjoyed watching the kids do their thing.  Eddie Rosario looked really good for the PR team.  Some of the other kids really looked good as well.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Baseball needs to embrace swagger more. It makes the game more appealing. The joy of the game and the different emotions players show are what make it great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%